DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Legend
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been having the same problem. I did find it one time & it showed 2 units for $24.99 each. It did not specify any details such as to whether ethernet cables were included, shipping cost or anything else. I thought price was $70 for 2 units, so the $24.99 each price was confusing. I left this portion of "Kits & Equipment" to try and find more info. When I went back, I could not find this area again. What am I missing?

John
 

· Legend
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tcusta00 - Yes it was in my cart. I did not place the order because I was not sure it was the Powerline adapter, the shipping price not shown, and it did not show whether the ethernet cables were included or any other info. If this is the correct kit why was it not shown as Powerline adapter? Guess I am missing something here.

John
 

· Registered
Joined
·
7,910 Posts
johnchart said:
tcusta00 - Yes it was in my cart. I did not place the order because I was not sure it was the Powerline adapter, the shipping price not shown, and it did not show whether the ethernet cables were included or any other info. If this is the correct kit why was it not shown as Powerline adapter? Guess I am missing something here.

John
I'm not sure. Maybe they changed the name of it to be more descriptive for the less tech-knowledgable user. Powerline adapter doesn't say much - Internet Connection Kit makes more sense for a layperson.

Yes, it includes the cable, according to the description:
The Internet Connection Kit includes one Ethernet adapter, one Ethernet cable and instructions for connecting your receiver to the Internet.
Glad you found it though. Good luck.
 

· Éminence grise
Joined
·
8,457 Posts
I recall that it is called the "HD DVR Networking Kit" You will need two, one for the DVR and another for the router. The price was dropped recently to $24.99 or $54.99 for the powerstrip version. Shipping is included in the price.

I just checked the Directv website and it no longer shows up. :confused:

You should be able to order by phone.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
7,910 Posts
bobnielsen said:
I recall that it is called the "HD DVR Networking Kit" You will need two, one for the DVR and another for the router. The price was dropped recently to $24.99 or $54.99 for the powerstrip version. Shipping is included in the price.

I just checked the Directv website and it no longer shows up. :confused:

You should be able to order by phone.
Nope, it's called the "Internet Connection Kit." :)

It's probably in your cart if it's not showing up in your "Kits and Equipment" screen.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,743 Posts
It's still available for me, it won't be listed if you don't have an HRx series DVR or it is in your cart already. Also the picture only shows the wall plug but after you select it you are given an option to upgrade to the powerstrip and add an extra one for your router if needed (first order).
 

Attachments

· Éminence grise
Joined
·
8,457 Posts
tcusta00 said:
Nope, it's called the "Internet Connection Kit." :)

It's probably in your cart if it's not showing up in your "Kits and Equipment" screen.
They must have changed the name since I ordered mine (on the day they were announced). Perhaps they aren't displaying the option for thøse who already have them (like they don't show the AM21 unless you have a HR21). I ordered two but the order got really messed up. I called a few times and finally got them but a few weeks later, three more showed up. I called again and they said to keep them for my trouble.
 

· Éminence grise
Joined
·
8,457 Posts
tcusta00 said:
Nope, it's called the "Internet Connection Kit." :)

It's probably in your cart if it's not showing up in your "Kits and Equipment" screen.
They must have changed the name since I ordered mine (on the day they were announced). Perhaps they aren't displaying the option for thøse who already have them (like they don't show the AM21 unless you have a HR21). I ordered two but the order got really messed up. I called a few times and finally got them but a few weeks later, three more showed up. I called again and the CSR checked with a supervisor who said to keep them for my trouble.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
So I was really surprised that the DTV price of these adaptors was only $25.00- whereas every other other place I found had them for over $100.00.

Does anyone have any experience with the non DirecTv version? Because this is SLOW! I just upgraded my ethernet to ludicrous speed.

Does the quality of the powerline adaptor affect the speed at which the data is transferred over the lines?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top