DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,764 Posts
Red Orc said:
My internet speed consistently tests at 35 mbps and it still takes forever to download one HD OnDemand movie
how is the unit conect to your internal lan? Wired or Wireless, does not matter what you internet to dmark speed is, what is important is your connection from your inside modem to the target device.

Have 60MB coming in, go into a SB6120 with a 1GB wired connection to my router, the router all has 1GB ports, the switch where the internet connection is, is also 1GB, the onl slow down is the downlink speed to the Directv box which from what I can tell is 100 mb.

Don't do wireless at all, the speed penality is unacceptable for the convience it gives

·
Hall Of Fame
1,764 Posts
CCarncross said:
Your Internet Provider could be throttling you as well....I have a 6Mb/s connection from AT&T(DSL), and I get very similar results to VOS...1.5 to real time for even 1080p
forgot about packet shaping, that can be a major bottleneck. Have seen reports that comcast and a few others are doing that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.