DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,286 Posts
TDK1044 said:
Does anyone else find the PPV and VOD set up with DirecTV confusing and frustrating?

Like a lot of people, I don't have a super fast internet connection...fast enough for us to browse the web and do what we need to do on our Laptops and i-pad, but a movie download from D* would take about two hours.

So, in what I think is a visually confusing mess, we look for movies that have been downloaded to our hard drive and are instantly accessible....that means four or five offerings at best.

As a result, we don't buy any PPV or VOD movies any more. Is this a case of us really needing to get with the 21st century, or do others find this part of DirecTV as useless and confusing as I do? :)
I usually have 11 pushed to my dvr at any one time. Just look in the channel guide at channel 125 _9 you may need to be channels i get, if your favorite channels list doesn't have channel 125 on it.). All the ad banners for movies are on your hard drive.

Also, go into the all movies on demand, and choose in theaters, and then select any movie you think you might want to watch someday when its out. Set your vod que to 5 or 10, and then they will automatically push those movies to you when they are released. Kind of like choosing a netflix movie before its even available, and then having it show up when it is. :)

·
Premium Member
25,286 Posts
"sdirv" said:
Thought I "talked" about this already earlier today.

An example would be:

Goto On Demand > Browse By Channel > Disney > Just Added

How hard is that????? I mean, you may have to hit the page down key a few times to get to Disney....(shrug). If you don't subscribe to Disney, it shouldn't be showing anyway....so pick Nick, or one of the other kid channels.
Or on the new he GUI go to all menu > search and browse > all movies > genre > kids

That brings up everything from ppv to stars and so on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.