DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,541 Posts
PPV movies can be downloaded in full, and several of them; the clock doesn't begin until you start watching it. And you don't pay for what you d/l and don't watch.

Truly neither PPV or VOD requires an advanced degree. A bit of sleuthing and a touch of patience, though.

·
15,541 Posts
Red Orc said:
As long as five hours to download a HD movie that's about 1:40 in length. The fastest I've ever had an HD movie download wad about 3 1/2 hours.
Holy cowpies! That is forever. Given your overall speed capabilities, something is very off, and I am afraid I don't have any ideas as to how to troubleshoot, but it seems likely to be unrelated to the box or software.

·
15,541 Posts
Red Orc said:
I haven't used OD since I updated my router's firmware so I thought I'd try again & see if they came through any faster.
I started downloading an HD movie (Murder by Death) at 10:50 Am. It's 11:31 now and I'm at 56% so maybe the problem was my Netgear router?
I love Netgear, but am no expert IP guy. Yes, it certainly could have been something on the router setup. What model do you have? I have the 3400.

Asides: Quite a BB game last night! Hooo-aaaah!

The British version of that movie is really good. Dinklage plays in both!

·
15,541 Posts
There will be skips, misses and glitches- not necessarily due to DIRECTV® in VOD. It was invaluable to me to catch the first 5 or 6 eps of Homeland after I read people here raving about it. It made my TV year!

I don't even look at SD offerings. I find VOD a lot more than cosmetic, however far from perfection it may be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.