DBSTalk Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
The key to enjoying D* VOD is patience. I don't mind the long down load time because I am in no immediate hurry to watch what is offered. I just plan on watching whatever I download the next day.

And I don't understand why people are confused by the HD GUI as it relates to VOD. It seems extremely simple. My wife (who in not technically inclined at all) had no problem finding things to download. Anyone who can read should be able to figure it out with ease.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,251 Posts
sdirv said:
You're making this personal.....you are cherry picking one sentence from a multi-paragraph post I made on a subject to misrepresent what I said...and claiming that I was being misleading......

I did NOT say that titles had to be downloaded COMPLETELY before they could be viewed.

Go find someone else to screw with......
No intentions of making this personal. If you took it that way, I apologize.

We can certainly move on.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,776 Posts
SPACEMAKER said:
The key to enjoying D* VOD is patience. I don't mind the long down load time because I am in no immediate hurry to watch what is offered. I just plan on watching whatever I download the next day.

And I don't understand why people are confused by the HD GUI as it relates to VOD. It seems extremely simple. My wife (who in not technically inclined at all) had no problem finding things to download. Anyone who can read should be able to figure it out with ease.
Show me the easy way to find new release kids movies. Kids movies that I can actually get, ie, they are on channels I actually subscribe to.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,251 Posts
raott said:
Show me the easy way to find new release kids movies. Kids movies that I can actually get, ie, they are on channels I actually subscribe to.
I think the only thing that makes this complicated is that stuff you don't subscribe to is shown. Otherwise the layout is fine.

I understand why they show you everything, but it can be annoying.

·
Icon
1,083 Posts
Eddie501 said:
VOD seems like something DirecTV has just so they can say they have it. But in reality is almost useless. I suppose it works okay for PPV, but barely at all for all other programming.

For instance, I was wanting to catch up with Being Human before the new season starts on SyFy. And they have episodes 6-10 only on VOD from a 12 episode 1st season. In standard definition.

AMC has big banner for two of their high profile series when you tune to their VOD channel. But only has the first three episodes of season 2 of Walking Dead and the last two of Hell on Wheels. Again, only in standard def.

In fact, most of their non-PPV, non-premium channel content is in SD. I suppose if you want to watch random episodes of stuff on a 27" tube TV then VOD is appealing. For the rest of us, it's just not there yet.
Was coming to post this very thing. I havent been big on VOD because it takes forever to download something (30Mb/s downstream and literally nothing else is slow other than VOD) but there are a couple of shows I'd like to go back and watch so I was just going to let them download and catch them eventually. When you go to the network and the show it seems like just any random show in the season.

Your comment of having it just to say they have it is spot on IMO.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,776 Posts
SPACEMAKER said:
Just search by title?
Not exactly the user friendly presentation I'm talking about. I'm talking about browsing to see what new kids movies to see what they may want to watch at a given time.

Again, to see how it is done right, see Netflix or Vudu.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
raott said:
Not exactly the user friendly presentation I'm talking about. I'm talking about browsing to see what new kids movies to see what they may want to watch at a given time.

Again, to see how it is done right, see Netflix or Vudu.
I just don't see D* wasting their time on something like that right now.

·
Icon
524 Posts
raott said:
Thought I "talked" about this already earlier today.

An example would be:

Goto On Demand > Browse By Channel > Disney > Just Added

How hard is that????? I mean, you may have to hit the page down key a few times to get to Disney....(shrug). If you don't subscribe to Disney, it shouldn't be showing anyway....so pick Nick, or one of the other kid channels.

·
Premium Member
25,286 Posts
"sdirv" said:
Thought I "talked" about this already earlier today.

An example would be:

Goto On Demand > Browse By Channel > Disney > Just Added

How hard is that????? I mean, you may have to hit the page down key a few times to get to Disney....(shrug). If you don't subscribe to Disney, it shouldn't be showing anyway....so pick Nick, or one of the other kid channels.
Or on the new he GUI go to all menu > search and browse > all movies > genre > kids

That brings up everything from ppv to stars and so on.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.