DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AllStar
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having difficulty with the new PPV coupons granted recently? These coupons are supposedly only good if scheduled via their website or by calling it in over the phone. I tried to use it on 'Precious' (not a limited recording movie). I set it up through the website and applied the coupon. However, when I got home it wasn't on my DVR. I called and complained and they gave me another coupon. Tried again and the same thing happened. Online it looks like it worked, as it shows the coupon number applied to that move, but then nothing. I then tried the proven method of using my remote control and then called to have the coupon applied. No go! The said I have to pay for that one cause the remote control ordering method doesn't work for these coupons. I don't get it. I can see my DVR listing via the website so I know the connection is good. Anyone try this yet? To do so, you login, go under PPV and schedule a time, then apply any coupons you have on your account. I tried a chat method with a CSR and that was a nightmare. I think it's obvious that they're trying to do multiple chat sessions at once, as it took about 10 minutes just for him to reiterate my concern. And there were no "one moment please" in between...just me tapping my fingers waiting for a reply. Awful.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,984 Posts
kc1ih said:
I believe after you order a movie you then have to schedule the DVR to record it.
True, PPV channels are not on Remote Access, so you have to manually set the recording from the receiver after ordering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.