DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
mrshermanoaks said:
I had recorded a PPV movie a couple of months ago, with the intention of paying for it at some point when I was ready to watch it... I know I could have paid for it and then kept it, but I feared having to do a full reset of the machine and losing it before I was able to watch it.

Anyways, when I went to pay for it and watch it last night, there was no longer an option to pay for it. I got through the first few minutes and then got a "searching for authorized content" message. I had no options anywhere to pay for the movie.

No big deal, just a note to others. It's a cool feature that I can record PPV now and decide later if I want to buy. But careful about waiting too long to make the decision.
On the R15 it would tell you the expire date at which point the recording would be automatically deleted, HR20 users don't get this info and could run into this situation you just experienced. At least this way the program doesn't just vanish.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
Kentstater said:
I had the same experience trying to "record" MI3.

After going around with four CSR's that talked too soft, couldn't understand, and did not know anything, I talked to the tech person who said I needed to purchase the PPV and then choose record.

If you choose record on the first screen it only records the first 5 minutes to preview and then goes to the search for authorized content screen.

I do not know if it was B.S. or not but I did what she said and it worked. This was on a HR20
The CSR is mistaken, both the R15 and HR20 can record PPV without purchasing. You pay when you decide to watch the recording.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
baimo said:
I thought if you purchase it, you can keep as long as you want.
Correct. Once the PPV is purchased the R15 and HR20 will treat it the same as any recording.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.