Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After I order PPV from the website, I then go to the HR20 and hit the red record button for the next showing of that title. I then go to my four TIVOs and set it to record at one of the following showtimes also.

The Tivos record fine. The HR20 only gets a black screen, even though it appears to record, there is nothing there.

Is it something I'm not doing? Or is it just something wrong with my box. I've been on the phone with Directv for almost two hours and since I'm on hold, I thought I would try here.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
hankjr

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
No, I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

It is a bug in the system. It has been reported by a few others.

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
No, I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

It is a bug in the system. It has been reported by a few others.
Thanx for the quick reply. I'm still on hold and they tell me there has never been a report of this on PPV.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
hankjr said:
Thanx for the quick reply. I'm still on hold and they tell me there has never been a report of this on PPV.
This is the exact problem I had with my MI3 recording. I was able to view the PPV Live but unwatchable recording. The next day I recorded this movie without ordering it first then bought through the remote and it played back perfectly.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
2,533 Posts
DVDKingdom said:
This is the exact problem I had with my MI3 recording. I was able to view the PPV Live but unwatchable recording. The next day I recorded this movie without ordering it first then bought through the remote and it played back perfectly.
Yep, the HR20 doesn't know to BUY the movie also. It will either BUY it or RECORD it but doesn't combine the two. You have to manually do both or you'll get your blank screen.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
hankjr said:
That's BS. I just reported this issue the other day. Black screen when attempting to order PPV. Happened twice, they had to credit me both times, and re-schedule the recording. Before the third try, I formatted the HR20 and it worked.

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cjhrph said:
That's BS. I just reported this issue the other day. Black screen when attempting to order PPV. Happened twice, they had to credit me both times, and re-schedule the recording. Before the third try, I formatted the HR20 and it worked.
Were you ordering from the web or remote when it worked?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.