DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Legend
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using a Dish 322 with Sunrocket phone service without a problem for some time. Today I cancelled Sunrocket and have decided to just use my cell phone for communication to save some money. I'm not planning on having E* connected to a phone line anymore. I know there may be a fee and no more PPV, etc., ect.

My question is this:

I noticed after turning off the phone that I still have a PPV movie in the "Recent Purchases" section of the menu from September. I tried to dial out one last time (before unplugging everything) but it said "No Dial Out Pending". If I can't get the Dish system to upload the purchase info for this last PPV will the E* receiver stop working at some point without a successful "phone home"?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
The receiver won't stop working. Once it dials and connects, it usually doesn't call again until 60 (?) days have passed or you've used more than some $ limit. If you were still connected to a phone line, you could phone and ask a CSR to send a command to tell the receiver that it needed to phone in. You can still do that and tell her you'll need to take the receiver to someone's house and make the call in there. You can also just do nothing and leave the pending PPV on the receiver indefinitely.

There will be a $5/month charge added for not having the dual output receiver connected, but you will still be able to order PPV movies via the web if you want. The'll get added to the bill immediately, without any phone connection. When the $5 charge appears, you could phone the CSR and ask how they'd like that remaining PPV sent. They know people try and just get "No Dial Out Pending". It becomes Pending with time or money limit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.