DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a potential first-time user of D*. I want to get the NFL Ticket w/Superfan, HD, and DVR. I'm struggling on which package I should order... I do not need the premier package, as I don't care about the premium channels (i.e. Movie channels), though the Premier package is free for the first 4 months.

The Premier Package with NFL Ticket
Upfront Costs:
$0 - DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR Receiver
$300 - NFL Ticket
$100 - Superfan

Months 0-4:
$0 - premier service free with purchase of NFL Ticket
$10 - HD
$0 - DVR

Months 5-12:
$105 Premier service
$10 - HD
$5 - DVR

Total Cost: $1000 (monthly charges) + $400 (upfront) = $1400

Choice Plus HD DVR
Upfront Costs:
$100 - DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR Receiver
$300 - NFL Ticket
$100 - Superfan

Months 1-12:
$55 - Choice Xtra
$0 - HD
$0 - DVR

Total Cost: $660 (monthly charges) + $500 (upfront) = $1160

Is there any reason why I shouldn't just go with the Choice Plus HD DVR package? Thanks!

· Legend
180 Posts
I though that the deal was just 74.99 for 4 months instead of the 400.00 you have listed.

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Take Premier free for four months and then drop down. Howver, DVR service is no longer included with Premier.

I had Premier for a long time but dropped to save money. Choice Plus HD DVR is a bargain for what you get, IMHO.

· Godfather
252 Posts
paulman182 said:
Take Premier free for four months and then drop down. Howver, DVR service is no longer included with Premier.

I had Premier for a long time but dropped to save money. Choice Plus HD DVR is a bargain for what you get, IMHO.
Good idea, his programming costs for the year would be $624 by my calculations.

--
THis wouldn't affect your decision, but you might want to look into getting the AAA discount of 10 bucks off per month for 2 years ($240), the referral discount ($50), and the go green ($20).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.