DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
New Member
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was called on Fri night from DTV and offered Premiere plus sunday ticket for $10 a month for the next 4 months. Has anyone else gotten this deal? I of course took them up on it, but of course it is sunday now and it has not been activated yet.

I assume this is one of the those deals you have to cancel or they just keep you on that package.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
325 Posts
brianhos said:
I was called on Fri night from DTV and offered Premiere plus sunday ticket for $10 a month for the next 4 months. Has anyone else gotten this deal? I of course took them up on it, but of course it is sunday now and it has not been activated yet.

I assume this is one of the those deals you have to cancel or they just keep you on that package.
If you took them up on this on Friday, it should have been activated immediately. I would call them back to see what's up and why it isn't showing yet.
 

·
RIP
Joined
·
6,198 Posts
brianhos said:
I was called on Fri night from DTV and offered Premiere plus sunday ticket for $10 a month for the next 4 months. Has anyone else gotten this deal? I of course took them up on it, but of course it is sunday now and it has not been activated yet.

I assume this is one of the those deals you have to cancel or they just keep you on that package.
Are you sure it was DirecTV calling? Did you give them an information like SSN, credit card, etc?
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
773 Posts
brianhos said:
I was called on Fri night from DTV and offered Premiere plus sunday ticket for $10 a month for the next 4 months. Has anyone else gotten this deal? I of course took them up on it, but of course it is sunday now and it has not been activated yet.

I assume this is one of the those deals you have to cancel or they just keep you on that package.
Was it $10 per month, or $10 per month more than what you were paying for your current package?
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kheldar said:
Was it $10 per month, or $10 per month more than what you were paying for your current package?
$10 on top of what I was currently paying.

So it was $54.99 + $10 for premiere. Actually it was $54.99 + $19.99 with a $10 monthly credit.

And no, they knew all kinds of info about my account including what receivers I had, so I was pretty sure it was a DTV call center.
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
14 Posts
I received the same deal last year around thanksgiving, I was out of town when they called and made the offer, so I don't know when it officially was turned on, but we had our home phone forwarded to us, or else I would have missed it completely. Only thing I had to do was make 4 calls to cancel Sunday Ticket this year vs. the auto renew.
 

·
DaBears
Joined
·
6,085 Posts
brianhos said:
$10 on top of what I was currently paying.

So it was $54.99 + $10 for premiere. Actually it was $54.99 + $19.99 with a $10 monthly credit.

And no, they knew all kinds of info about my account including what receivers I had, so I was pretty sure it was a DTV call center.
My guess is you just activated with D* or did something that allowed you to have the new customer offer, movers as well, and received an outbound call to make you aware of the offer you passed up.

You'll actually see NFLST for $74.99 on your bill and Premier for $0 not including any other services, hd, dvr, prot plan, or international programming. Any other rebates you might be receiving will take off the $74.99 price. The call you have was standard so don't think too much of it. It's just D* way of making sure people really got the offer they wanted or to see if people had a change of heart about their promotion after it was too late to change it through a rep.
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shades228 said:
My guess is you just activated with D* or did something that allowed you to have the new customer offer, movers as well, and received an outbound call to make you aware of the offer you passed up.

You'll actually see NFLST for $74.99 on your bill and Premier for $0 not including any other services, hd, dvr, prot plan, or international programming. Any other rebates you might be receiving will take off the $74.99 price. The call you have was standard so don't think too much of it. It's just D* way of making sure people really got the offer they wanted or to see if people had a change of heart about their promotion after it was too late to change it through a rep.
I thought that too, except I have been a customer since 1997.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
715 Posts
brianhos said:
I was called on Fri night from DTV and offered Premiere plus sunday ticket for $10 a month for the next 4 months. Has anyone else gotten this deal? I of course took them up on it, but of course it is sunday now and it has not been activated yet.
Would it be correct to assume you were no longer under contract when they floated this offer? Sounds like a carrot to get you to re-commit for two years.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
375 Posts
ziggy29 said:
Would it be correct to assume you were no longer under contract when they floated this offer? Sounds like a carrot to get you to re-commit for two years.
I do not see in any of the OPS post's where he had to re-commit for another two years ??;)
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
I got this call tonight, the caller ID was 877-372-4388.
Unfortunately, I turned them down, because I'm still on TC+, which is now $3/month LESS than the Choice+ which replaced it. (I don't need Choice+ w/DVR, 'cause I have lifetime DVR on my account) After the 4 months is over with & I want to downgrade from Premier, I know there ain't NO way to go back to TC+ & there would be NO way I'll be staying on Premier, so I'd still end up paying at least $3 MORE than what I'm paying now for the SAME thing I already have. I tried to get them to just give me all premiums, but they said they couldn't do it.
No biggie; don't have time to watch what I got now...
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,976 Posts
dishrich said:
I got this call tonight, the caller ID was 877-372-4388.
Unfortunately, I turned them down, because I'm still on TC+, which is now $3/month LESS than the Choice+ which replaced it. (I don't need Choice+ w/DVR, 'cause I have lifetime DVR on my account) After the 4 months is over with & I want to downgrade from Premier, I know there ain't NO way to go back to TC+ & there would be NO way I'll be staying on Premier, so I'd still end up paying at least $3 MORE than what I'm paying now for the SAME thing I already have. I tried to get them to just give me all premiums, but they said they couldn't do it.
No biggie; don't have time to watch what I got now...
I can't same as I blame you. It sounds like you have the perfect plan for you. Glad you stuck with it. I did a similiar thing a few years back. I had cable and only had locals for like $6 a month. I wanted a UFC PPV so bad I upgraded knowing that I could only go back down to a $20 a month package that I did not want. I did it anyways and was really upset at myself for doing it after the fact. Stick to your guns.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
158 Posts
I got this call last night, so D* is still offering it.

No re-upping of the 24 month committment (in fact, I'm 14 months into my 24 month committment), and I've been a customer since 2004.

D* still hasn't activated the Premier package on my account yet, but the rep said it could take upto 72 hours to happen.

Looking forward to this weekend! :)

Dale
 

·
The Shadow Knows!
Joined
·
37,060 Posts
I'd take that offer if it came to me, that's for sure.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
73 Posts
I got a similar call about two weeks ago. I'm on an older programming package and at the end of the 4 months I'd have to go to a new package -- same programming but for $3/mo more.

Are you on a grandfathered package? I wonder if this is an effort to get people off the old packages?

Brian
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top