DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question regarding canceling premium channels. On April 17th, I canceled Starz and Cinemax and retained HBO and Sports Pack, I had all 4 premiums for at least 4 months prior to April 17th. On April 18th, I then canceled HBO and only kept Sports Pack. The next day I receive a charge for $10 for premium disconnect fee, the charge you receive if you drop premiums within 30 days. When I called to question the fee, the rep said she couldn't remove it because when I canceled Starz and Cinemax on April 17th they canceled all four premiums and started a new 30 days for HBO and Sports. That means when I canceled HBO the next day I was charged. Is this correct? No one ever mentioned I would be charged this $10 fee and why does the time start over? That sounds like a flaw in their computer programming. :confused:

·
Hall Of Fame
2,763 Posts
bixler said:
Question regarding canceling premium channels. On April 17th, I canceled Starz and Cinemax and retained HBO and Sports Pack, I had all 4 premiums for at least 4 months prior to April 17th. On April 18th, I then canceled HBO and only kept Sports Pack. The next day I receive a charge for $10 for premium disconnect fee, the charge you receive if you drop premiums within 30 days. When I called to question the fee, the rep said she couldn't remove it because when I canceled Starz and Cinemax on April 17th they canceled all four premiums and started a new 30 days for HBO and Sports. That means when I canceled HBO the next day I was charged. Is this correct? No one ever mentioned I would be charged this $10 fee and why does the time start over? That sounds like a flaw in their computer programming. :confused:
Yes it does, I would keep calling since you had HBO all along. They can always can give you a credit if they can't cancel the fee.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,905 Posts
You definitely should call and ask for a credit to offset that fee. They may have to cancel everything to make their software price the premium channels out right (tiered pricing). You shouldn't have to pay the price, since never asked to cancel HBO.

·
Godfather
417 Posts
What you encountered was one of many stupid CSR's. Of course she was dead wrong, but she (he) was totally ignorant of what happened. Calling back will generate a reversal, maybe even an apology. This happened to me in the past, but was quickly corrected. Ellen's office once told me they have so many CSR's, its impossible to have them all trained correctly, so we have to expect some duds at one time or another.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.