DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Legend
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered DISH about a year ago and got the free three months program from AT&T DISH. After about six months of already seeing all the movies through the DVD's i get for free from my library I decided it was no longer feasible to carry the premiums. I called AT&T DISH and the computer removed them for me through a series of number presses but five days later they were still on my unit. So I called AT&T DISH and they said my account shows that the only premium i had at the time (Showtime) was the only one that was on my account. I called again to see if could get a different answer from them but the CSR gave me that same one and said that they would make a note about the issue on my account. Still worried that this could come back and bite me on the rear i called DISH main number but they couldn't help me.

I thought that maybe it was my box that was defective, but I ordered DISH Games and DISH Trivia for a couple of months and had them removed successfully and last month when i got cable because of the Distant Network fiasco I had Showtime, the Superstations, and a couple other channels removed and they were removed successfully.

Has anyone heard of this problem before?
I know it's gotta say i'm not a subscriber of the premiums in the system because i'm not being billed for them. I called them four or five times within a two month period, so it's not my fault. Is it possible that there was a computer glitch in the system when i called and removed these stations from my lineup ? it's about the only explination i can think of because everything else has removed itself successfully.

·
Godfather
344 Posts
Hey I wont complain! I once had a house were I got Free cable for over 2 years before I moved. Where I lived we had 2 Cable Providers. BrightHouse and Verizon.

I had BrightHouse for A while and Verizon offer was better so I switched. After about 6 month I count afford cable because Of Money problems. Well When The Installer first installed the cable he ran out of Green Tamper Tags for the box out side so he used a Red one. When they came to disconnect the cable they saw a red Tag on the box and assumed it was already turned off. After a few weeks I realised that my cable was not going away so I just sat on it and kept my month shut. It stayed on for a year and a half and was still on when I moved out of the house.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.