DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Icon
1,025 Posts
Are we sure that PTAT works be recording at the shows at the Hopper and using its tuners? Or could it be that the PrimeTime shows are just downloaded to the Dish Space on the Hopper after the fact the same way that PPV and other events are downloaded which would mean that no tuners on the Hopper are used?

· Icon
1,025 Posts
Doesn't it leave the possibility for it to be downloaded on a non-live situation? Shortly after PrimeTime, most people would have their boxes in standby which would then allow for a mass download of the primetime shows. I don't know, just trying to understand some of the possibilities prior to these boxes actually getting in some of our hands.

· Icon
1,025 Posts
Seems to me the question is the price of the Hopper and then the price and monthly charge on each of the Joey's. Those of us with 3 or 4 receivers would probably be looking at replacing most or all of them.

· Icon
1,025 Posts
So, how do the OTA tuners interface with the Hopper? Are they mounted internally, thus providing an additional F connector for the OTA antenna? I may have missed this in the threads. From the pictures, there is only one F connector that connects to the Distribution link and this must be a bi-directional coax connection for SAT signals coming into the Hopper and going back out as MOCA to the Joeys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.