DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
128 Posts
lpmiller said:
man, I hope this isn't a ok, wait till 2013 sort of thing.
Chatting with CSR now and they said they have no pricing info yet but it will release the first week of February.

·
Legend
128 Posts
TBoneit said:
Oh yes, I knew that once you reminded me. Big OOPS!

I'm not sure but SD used to be 800Mbs to 1Gbs per hours a few years ago. Which makes the me think I should record a hour of SD and HD and then see what size is reported when moving them to an EHD. If you only do 1 at a time the size should be reported accurate.

One other thought is that they may give more bandwidth to premiums than non premiums?
I often wonder how accurate the xx hours for SD and HD are. For example we went on vacation for two weeks. Came back and had 15 1 hour shows recorded in HD. However, my HD counter said I had 44 hours of HD recordring remaining out of 50 and something like 197 hours of SD. So those 15 hours of HD only took up 6 hours of the HD and 3 hours of SD recording capacity.

·
Legend
128 Posts
Blowgun said:
I personally don't find the Prime-Time Anytime feature all that compelling, so I would probably disable it and set timers the way I have always set timers.
If one were to disable the PTAT feature, would you then have 6 tuners to record from or 3 or some other number?

·
Legend
128 Posts
archer75 said:
Can you setup primetime anytime to autosave certain shows so they don't get deleted after 8 days?
I have read somewhere in one of the threads that you would be able to select which program(s) you want and save them so they do not get deleted after the 8 days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.