DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Godfather
421 Posts
P Smith said:
Two USB ports - one for Sling other for OTA, so prepare USB 2.0 hub if you need also EHD.
Or use the built in one instead of sling as I imagine more people would want EHD rather than sling.

Pretty nice that you can record 6 prime time shows at once. Or three built in sat tuners. Then with a USB dongle you also get two additional OTA tuners. That's a crazy amount of TV you can record at once. If that's not enough for you, you watch way too much tv.

I definitely want one of these. I'm using a 722 and a Tivo just for space and tuners. So this one new receiver could happily replace both. I'm excited.

·
Godfather
421 Posts
Blowgun said:
If PrIme-Time Anywhere does end up working that way when it's disabled, that will render half the hard drive useless for my needs. :(
you still get the time they say you will get, which is 250 hours of HD. More than anything else dish has by miles.

And now your telling me that the primetime stuff goes on it's on partition and is not counted against that? I consider that a huge positive!

·
Godfather
421 Posts
eichenberg said:
I have read somewhere in one of the threads that you would be able to select which program(s) you want and save them so they do not get deleted after the 8 days.
Yes, you can save them. But I want to have it automatically save select shows for me so I don't have to routinely manage that list. I don't want to forget to save something and then lose it after 8 days.

The bulk of what we watch is during prime time however we may not watch shows till weeks later.

Here's a video of it in action:

·
Godfather
421 Posts
clotter said:
I could care less about it sending my viewing or recording history, if fact, I would like what I choose to watch to be included in the Nielson ratings or wherever it goes.
I agree. I hope they track everything I watch! I get really tired of every show I enjoy getting cancelled.

·
Godfather
421 Posts
P Smith said:
You are barking on wrong tree. :) Content provider is responsible for the shifts, cancellation, missing episode#, etc.
Your family personal habits in watching TV program giving a revenue to dish/DTV companies who are selling it to that content providers.
And I want dish to give my viewing habits to those content providers so they can see ratings beyond nelson families.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.