DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Icon
908 Posts
kstruck said:
This sounds pretty cool. Was wondering when Dish would come up with a system like this. Quick question: I currently have the 922 and love the built in Sling so I can watch my DVR when traveling for work on my laptop or IPad. Is sling built into this or do I have to give up Sling if I pick one of these up?
TV Everywhere

"Customers can manage the Hopper via the Internet at www.DishOnline.com or the DISH Remote Access app, providing the ability to control DVR recordings on their tablets, smartphones and computers. Connecting the Hopper with DISH's Sling® Adapter provides customers the ability to watch and control all live TV channels, PrimeTime Anytime programs and the DVR on their computer, tablet or smartphone wherever they go." :(

From the Dish press release.
m/press-releases/dish-introduces-hopper-and-joey-next-generation-nasdaq-dish-0838378

·
Icon
908 Posts
The 722K could go the way of the 622 and soon, supported by unavailable from Dish.
Clearly the Hopper is modeled somewhat off the vip922. The menu is almost identical, the guide is virtually the same as the 922. The guide is quicker and it's a different color.....
It obviously has more bells and whistles (PTA, 2T and Joey) but no built in Sling which is unfortunate, PIP with Hopper but regrettably not with Joey.

Dish seems to be going "all in " on the Hopper. I've read that Dish will disallow mixing any vip's with the Hopper on customer accounts......billing reasons says Dish. Bottom line seems to be if you want it you go "all in" with Dish. I have no idea what tailgaters will be offered or do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.