DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
Bobby H said:
Market ranking may carry some weight. However, I think geographical location could play a part as well as the customer market percentage E* has in a particular market.

I'm wondering if it is easier for E* to get HD locals on 61.5° active in markets near the geographical center of the continental US than places farther east or west. A number of uplinked HD locals in Texas and Oklahoma are in close proximity of each other (Abilene, Wichita Falls/Lawton, Sherman/Ada, etc.). The Dallas market had some changes made to it, and it is very close to those other previously mentioned markets.

One other thing worth mentioning at least in regard to Wichita Falls/Lawton: D* doesn't have any local channel support in that market at all. Not in SD or HD. I'm pretty sure most satellite TV customers in that area are with E* -largely because of the locals situation.
Same for Sherman/Ada. No locals on D* at all. Most sat customers here have E* unless they want sunday ticket.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
joe42 said:
Oddly aside from us most of my family members have Direct TV and I don't understand why. My parents, my brother, my wife's parents and her sister and husband all have DirectTV. I guess I'm just not use to it but I can never figure out how to work the guide or tv.

I really hope Sherman/Ada can get HD locals soon. I'm pretty much waiting on it and Nick for the kids to switch over.

I wish they could get a Dallas or OKC- HD ABC channel added to the package too. Seems kind of strange there's not an ABC channel (or even a partial one back when KTEN was NBC/ABC hybrid). Having everything in HD eventually except ABC coming through American Direct is gonna make it look terrible.
I know what you mean. I used to have a waiver and was allowed to get WFAA out of Dallas but, couple of years ago when that court ruiling came though I lost it. What I finally did was put up an antenna to get WFAA and when I bite the bullet and get that 722 I have been wanting, I will be able to record on it and it will be intergrated into the sat service so that will be nice. It is great that HD is coming because with my antenna pointed at dallas I can't get 10 or 12 very good. What I hope is that we also get the that MYTV subchannel from ch. 12 and that CW subchannel from ch 10. But hey you are lucky, in north texas you can not even get american direct because WFAA will deny your waiver.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
I am having a 722 installed next sat. Is their any way I can figure out which bird those sherman/ada hd locals will be on when they light them up? I would just like to get the right setup now as apposed to having to chane it again in a few weeks.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
Thank you , James.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
James Long said:
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

Sherman/Ada are testing on 61.5°.
Ok guys, one more question. I am getting that HD upgrade saturday morning and we know that my locals are testing on 61.5. I called today to confirm that I was getting a wing dish because I have been looking around and seeing alot of 1000.2's. Got a hold of a CSR who said that the work order said I was getting a 1000.2 and that I would be getting my HD from 129 not 61.5. I told him about the testing locals and he said he would try to make the change for me and put me on hold. When he came back on he told me that when my HD locals light up I will be able to receive them with the 1000.2 and do not worry about it. So, what do ya'll think? Should I call again or what?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
Thats nice, I tried to warn them. I am gonna be a little teed off if thye light those locals on 61.5 and I have to have a 1000.2 and a wing dish.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
Is it possible that the 500 that is already up there could be adjusted to where one of the lnb's could see 61.5 and then add the 1000.2? I just hope they are right but if they are testing the channel at 61.5 it is a safe bet that it will light up there right?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
Oh, I know that to see 61.5 you have to have 2 dishes and, I don't care how many dishes they strap to the side of the house I just want to be ready for my HD locals when they do light up, with one install.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
jenniferny said:
[lQUOTE=kal915;1753101] According to that, they were added about 3 months ago, maybe you have your HD channels on 129 and not 61.5
Kal, thank you for the reply!
I have a DISH 1000 with no Dish for 61.5. When they installed the 1000 I was told ALL future HD content would be available from one of the 3 satellites that it picked up, now what do I do? I pay over $130 per month and I still can not get HD Locals even though Dish has them!
What you need to do is call Dish and ask about getting an installer out to put you a wing dish up for 61.5. I they try to charge you or extend your contract, then start conplaining. This is something that should be done for free, expecially if you currently subscribe to SD locals.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
joe42 said:
Yep. That figures. Adds those but not Ada-OK/Sherman-TX. :nono:
I emailed E* about the Sherman/Ada market and they claim they are still planned and coming but, offered no new timeline. Just a standard canned answer. Everybody in our market needs to at least let them know that we want them as promised. I don't know if it will help but, sometimes the squeaky wheel gets greased.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.