DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
Thats nice, I tried to warn them. I am gonna be a little teed off if thye light those locals on 61.5 and I have to have a 1000.2 and a wing dish.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
Is it possible that the 500 that is already up there could be adjusted to where one of the lnb's could see 61.5 and then add the 1000.2? I just hope they are right but if they are testing the channel at 61.5 it is a safe bet that it will light up there right?

·
Legend
231 Posts
I have a 1000.2 dish. To get the HD locals from 61.5° a wing dish will have to be installed. I don't care too much whether there's one dish or two on my rooftop as long as the signals are coming in properly.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
Oh, I know that to see 61.5 you have to have 2 dishes and, I don't care how many dishes they strap to the side of the house I just want to be ready for my HD locals when they do light up, with one install.

·
Super Moderator
54,016 Posts
jclewter79 said:
Is it possible that the 500 that is already up there could be adjusted to where one of the lnb's could see 61.5 and then add the 1000.2?
Yes. I and many others have a 500 pointed to get 61.5.

I just hope they are right but if they are testing the channel at 61.5 it is a safe bet that it will light up there right?
No guarantee ... but it is reasonable to expect that the HD locals won't be elsewhere.

·
8 Posts
I notice no Florida cities are on the "new" locals HD list. Direct TV carries Tallahassee locals in HD. Is there any prospect of adding Tallahassee FL to the local HD list? If not, it may be enough of an incentive for me to switch to Direct TV.

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts

·
Legend
231 Posts
The "dots" in Oklahoma are not placed clearly. The dot placement is generally pretty bad overall; I laughed at the Amarillo placement. Four green "dots" are shown on that poster. Logic would suggest the upper pair of dots would be Oklahoma City and Tulsa. That would have the lower pair be Lawton and Ada. Problem is the Lawton and Ada channels are identified with Wichita Falls, TX and Sherman, TX. So why aren't those dots placed over the Red River (which defines much of Oklahoma's southern border with Texas)?

One of my friends had his Dish Network setup upgraded for TurboHD Gold + Platinum channels along with AT250. The installer (based in Wichita Falls) hasn't heard anything of the Wichita Falls-Lawton market being lighted up at all. He just knew that E* missed the July 30 target for turning on the HD locals. As far as they know, the new target is "fall" or "soon."

·
Legend
226 Posts
Any word on FOX HD in Maine yet? They were supposedly uplniked a few months ago but still nothing...

·
AllStar
66 Posts
Does anyone know IF or when the Cincinnati Ohio locals will be broadcasting in HD on Dish Network. Alot of other Cities Lower in Rank of the DMA are already up and running. But no Cincinnati? Just Wondering?

·
Legend
226 Posts
FOX-HD in Portland-ME ever going to be in the plans or am I stuck watching SD Fox football on Thanksgiving, again? (So help me if one more person says get an antenna I will slap them. The local Fox here has no OTA capabilities and will not 2009 at the earliest)

·
Legend
131 Posts
My son lives near Durant Ok, in the Ada/Sherman market, he had to have a new Dish (wife killled old one with vehicle) I told him to make sure they add 61.5 to his 500, installer however verified twice with the tech desk that the HD sherman locals will be on 129, not 61.,5 and installed a new 1000.2 for him.

·
Legend
231 Posts
The Sherman, TX - Ada, OK locals (like several others in this region of the country) are currently uplinked only on the satellite at 61.5°.

I would prefer it if the Wichita Falls, TX - Lawton, OK locals were lit up on the bird at 129°. There would be no need to add a second wing dish on my 1000.2 model. Since many of the new HD locals have been lighting up only on 61.5°, I'm just planning on my market doing the same thing whenever it finally lights up as well.

BTW, why does E* insist on omitting "Lawton, OK" from the Wichita Falls, TX - Lawton, OK market verbiage? They list Wichita Falls only. The ABC affiliate for that market broadcasts from Lawton. The city of Lawton has nearly the same population as Wichita Falls. Lawton may surpass Wichita Falls in population over the next couple years due to major BRAC related expansion happening on Fort Sill.

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
The Buffalo, NY market is number 49 out of the top 100 in the US, does anyone have any idea why Dish has not added HD LOCALS from Buffalo to their selection?

·
Icon
324 Posts
jenniferny said:
The Buffalo, NY market is number 49 out of the top 100 in the US, does anyone have any idea why Dish has not added HD LOCALS from Buffalo to their selection?
JohnH said:
UPLINK ACTIVITY: SAMPLE TAKEN 05-28-2008 14:01:59 TO 05-28-2008 14:03:04 ET

Code:
[SIZE='2']

CHNG  5181  WIVB MPEG4 HD Tp 13 Spot 15 Rainbow 1 61.5w UNAVAIL HIDE HD MAP 4
  TO  5181  WIVB{BUFFALO, NY} MPEG4 HD Tp 13 Spot 15 Rainbow 1 61.5w [B][COLOR='Teal']AVAIL[/COLOR][/B] HIDE HD MAP 4

CHNG  5182  WGRZ MPEG4 HD Tp 13 Spot 15 Rainbow 1 61.5w UNAVAIL HIDE HD MAP 2
  TO  5182  WGRZ{BUFFALO, NY} MPEG4 HD Tp 13 Spot 15 Rainbow 1 61.5w [B][COLOR='Teal']AVAIL[/COLOR][/B] HIDE HD MAP 2

CHNG  5183  WUTV MPEG4 HD Tp 13 Spot 15 Rainbow 1 61.5w UNAVAIL HIDE HD MAP 29
  TO  5183  WUTV{BUFFALO, NY} MPEG4 HD Tp 13 Spot 15 Rainbow 1 61.5w [B][COLOR='Teal']AVAIL[/COLOR][/B] HIDE HD MAP 29

CHNG  5184  WNLO MPEG4 HD Tp 13 Spot 15 Rainbow 1 61.5w UNAVAIL HIDE HD MAP 23
  TO  5184  WNLO{BUFFALO, NY} MPEG4 HD Tp 13 Spot 15 Rainbow 1 61.5w [B][COLOR='Teal']AVAIL[/COLOR][/B] HIDE HD MAP 23

[/SIZE]
According to that, they were added about 3 months ago, maybe you have your HD channels on 129 and not 61.5

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
[lQUOTE=kal915;1753101] According to that, they were added about 3 months ago, maybe you have your HD channels on 129 and not 61.5 [/QUOTE]

Kal, thank you for the reply!
I have a DISH 1000 with no Dish for 61.5. When they installed the 1000 I was told ALL future HD content would be available from one of the 3 satellites that it picked up, now what do I do? I pay over $130 per month and I still can not get HD Locals even though Dish has them!

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
jenniferny said:
[lQUOTE=kal915;1753101] According to that, they were added about 3 months ago, maybe you have your HD channels on 129 and not 61.5
Kal, thank you for the reply!
I have a DISH 1000 with no Dish for 61.5. When they installed the 1000 I was told ALL future HD content would be available from one of the 3 satellites that it picked up, now what do I do? I pay over $130 per month and I still can not get HD Locals even though Dish has them!
What you need to do is call Dish and ask about getting an installer out to put you a wing dish up for 61.5. I they try to charge you or extend your contract, then start conplaining. This is something that should be done for free, expecially if you currently subscribe to SD locals.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.