DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What price increases will Dish be having in 2007?

I figured they'd be raising it yet again in a month or two.

If they raise the Top 60 they need to add some additional stations like Pax/I which should be available in the local packages in markets that have Pax/I stations anyway.

Hallmark should move down to the 120 package.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
My recollection is that in December, I get a notice of my annual renewal which now includes the rate increase from the previous Feb 1st effective date. I don't recall DISH actually disclosing the rate increase in Dec, but waiting until Jan to announce it. Info does leak out in Dec, but that isn't 100% reliable. Neither is my recall!!!

Monthly subscribers to AT60 WON'T see an increase in that package (until 2008) but I'm an annual AT60 that will incur an increase that I bypassed in Feb 2006.

·
Icon
1,029 Posts
I got my notice for annual increase this last weekend. My renewal date is in January and I paid annually. This year the Top 180 went to $550/yr. which is $45.83. Last year I think it was around $500, which was around $42/month. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to view that statement online to get the exact amount. Looks like there is no annual discount for the Metal packages so I will be going off of the regular package and onto the Gold Metal package this coming January.

..Doyle

·
Super Moderator
53,491 Posts
It looks like in 2005 the price change news didn't hit until around December 22nd ... after D* announced their price changes. It wasn't in the Dec 2005 Charlie Chat but was on a retailer chat last December 22nd.

The AT60 price is guaranteed until 2008 ... everything else? I would not be surprised to see a buck or two depending on level.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
Today's mail brought my letter for annual renewal too. I'm still not clear which users can't qualify for annual ATxxx. Maybe DHA subs that started after a certain date can't get annual?? My last CSR conversation made it seem like I might not myself with all owned equipment. But we know to just ask a different CSR.

My statement is generated on the 23rd of each month, appears online on the 24th, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't get a price increase confirm from a CSR until after Xmas last year.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
esteg said:
There has to be a price increase, so Charlie can pay for the lawyer fees for all the good advice. Advice that has cost us DNS and soon the loss of our use of DVR's.
Which DVRs will be affected? All of them or just the ones that can do name based recording like Tivo?? If E* loses this DVR battle, they really will be hurting and customers will be leaving.

Otherwise I don't know what the big deal is when Dish's DVR service on early models is just like a program guide with a hard drive. It really doesn't have too many special features to it.

·
Super Moderator
53,491 Posts
The list of affected receivers includes everything but the very first DVRs (which were made before Tivo bothered to put a patent number on their early product). This includes the 501 series which does not (yet) have NBR. Please see the Tivo threads for more information.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
James Long said:
The list of affected receivers includes everything but the very first DVRs (which were made before Tivo bothered to put a patent number on their early product). This includes the 501 series which does not (yet) have NBR. Please see the Tivo threads for more information.
I still use the 721 and a 508. The name based models like the 625 seem too complicated--mainly because I have never had them. When I tried to record something at a friend's house I ended up creating a series recording and they had some extra shows on their list! Plus getting it started and stopped on Tuner 1 vs. Tuner 2 was confusing compared to my 721.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.