DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· AllStar
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wanted to throw this out, wanted to know what everyone paid for their sunday ticket.

I got it for 249.00 and the superfan for free. I just wanted to know if there are any better deals out there.

· Icon
689 Posts
joed32 said:
That is the best deal.
I've actually seen some people say they've gotten it for $249, plus free SF, AND some additional credits thrown in. Others have gotten ST for $249 and instead of free SF, $120 worth of credits, which is a little better.

· Registered
7,910 Posts
YMMV

It's ALL based on your account history with DirecTV; payment history, your attitude when calling in (are you a problem customer?) and what you've gotten in the past and has absolutely nothing to do with what Joe Blow who just posted may have gotten.

Bottom line: If you got offered something, great! If not, don't ***** and moan about it... it's probably because you don't have as long of a history with DirecTV to be entitled to another freebie. And yes, it's up to them and their customer reporting system. No, it's not perfect, but it's pretty darn close to it. If everyone were honest about what they've gotten in the past we'd see that it's probably a good system.

· Mentor
41 Posts
I was told a few weeks ago that I got SuperFan for free with my NFL Ticket order.
I have learned never to trust the customer service reps at DirecTV so I want to see something in writing.
Well, I got my paper bill yesterday and it lists my first payment for Sunday Ticket but no mention of Super Fan.
Is that something I should see on the bill?
Would I have to wait until the start of the season for that charge?
Should I call them and double check?

Thanks.

· Legend
200 Posts
tcusta00 said:
YMMV

It's ALL based on your account history with DirecTV; payment history, your attitude when calling in (are you a problem customer?) and what you've gotten in the past and has absolutely nothing to do with what Joe Blow who just posted may have gotten.

Bottom line: If you got offered something, great! If not, don't ***** and moan about it... it's probably because you don't have as long of a history with DirecTV to be entitled to another freebie. And yes, it's up to them and their customer reporting system. No, it's not perfect, but it's pretty darn close to it. If everyone were honest about what they've gotten in the past we'd see that it's probably a good system.
Don't agree with you...I've been with D* for 10 years. Had ST every year. Upgraded to HD in Dec 06 and they gave me SF for the last 3 weeks of the 06 season. They also gve me SF free for 07 season. Those are the only credits I have ever asked for and/or received. Pay my bill ontime every month...have a total bill of $70+ per month. In my estimation...a very good and loyal customer.

However, after calling re: SF charge I was offered nothing. I then went the route of Office of the president and was offered basically $35 in credit (my HD access fee would be credited for the period of time that ST was live).

So...mabye I'm an anomoly...but in my estimation the system didn't work for me and I'm pretty bummed about it. In fact, a few weeks after I canceled, low and behold, I got a call offering SF for free. At this point, it was too late, already canceled and am now exploring my options for service. They did what they had to potentially lose a customer in December when my contract expires and I can explore my options.

They had a chance at my $249 but rather than treating me as a valued, loyal customer, they tried to get every penny they could and will lose my $249 AND probably me as a customer at some point. The fact that they called later to give me SF for free reflects to me that they were "gouging" for this service in the first place but, again, for me it was too late.

· Registered
7,910 Posts
daveriv said:
Don't agree with you...I've been with D* for 10 years. Had ST every year. Upgraded to HD in Dec 06 and they gave me SF for the last 3 weeks of the 06 season. They also gve me SF free for 07 season. Those are the only credits I have ever asked for and/or received. Pay my bill ontime every month...have a total bill of $70+ per month. In my estimation...a very good and loyal customer.

However, after calling re: SF charge I was offered nothing. I then went the route of Office of the president and was offered basically $35 in credit (my HD access fee would be credited for the period of time that ST was live).

So...mabye I'm an anomoly...but in my estimation the system didn't work for me and I'm pretty bummed about it. In fact, a few weeks after I canceled, low and behold, I got a call offering SF for free. At this point, it was too late, already canceled and am now exploring my options for service. They did what they had to potentially lose a customer in December when my contract expires and I can explore my options.

They had a chance at my $249 but rather than treating me as a valued, loyal customer, they tried to get every penny they could and will lose my $249 AND probably me as a customer at some point. The fact that they called later to give me SF for free reflects to me that they were "gouging" for this service in the first place but, again, for me it was too late.
I'm sorry your mileage varied.

· Godfather
467 Posts
tcusta00 said:
YMMV

Do you have any proof that is how it works????? Let's see I've been with D* now 3 years. Have the Premier package, NFLST / Superfan, MLBEI, NHLCI, NBA, this year I bought the NCAA tournament package. So I spend alot of money with Direct TV, and my bill gets paid when they want it paid because it's on my Debit card.

You know what I was offered tcusta?? $5 off for 12 months. I want you to show proof that's what there doing tcusta.

· Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
daveriv said:
So...mabye I'm an anomoly...but in my estimation the system didn't work for me and I'm pretty bummed about it. In fact, a few weeks after I canceled, low and behold, I got a call offering SF for free.
I don't like the SF charge. What I really don't like is a system that requires calling to attempt to negotiate free SF. I'm not begrudging those that got it free...but really, DirecTV should either drop the SF charge (for HD games -- those that want the other stuff can pay) or lower the price. If they can afford to give it out for free to X number of customers, they can make all of us pay a reduced fee by averaging the discount across everyone.

I don't feel the need to call them and ask/beg/threaten. Satellite TV shouldn't be like buying a car. Just my opinion.

· RIP
6,203 Posts
This is not meant to insult you in any way, but at $70/month you are spending less than the average DirecTV customer and significantly less than the average "advanced services" customer. That may be a key factor in what they offered you...or...it could just be you got the Grinch call center.

Actually, I wish our bill was around $70/month.

daveriv said:

· Registered
7,910 Posts
vollmey said:
Do you have any proof that is how it works????? Let's see I've been with D* now 3 years. Have the Premier package, NFLST / Superfan, MLBEI, NHLCI, NBA, this year I bought the NCAA tournament package. So I spend alot of money with Direct TV, and my bill gets paid when they want it paid because it's on my Debit card.

You know what I was offered tcusta?? $5 off for 12 months. I want you to show proof that's what there doing tcusta.
I want you to show proof that it's not what they're doing, vollmey. :rolleyes: Jeez man, there's a better way to go about asking a question then to outright assail me like that. I'm just trying to help people understand why they're not getting credits that everyone else is getting.

I know from being around here and talking to CSRs. DirecTV has a heart system and people have talked openly about it around here, CSRs and customers alike.

Maybe you assailed a CSR and are now on their irate customer list - it doesn't seem like it would be that far off, but then again, what do I know? Not much according to you.

YMMV.

· Godfather
290 Posts
Last year I upgraded to HD and after I emailed customer service that I was wanting to purchase ST if I could get SF for free, I received a call one night and not only did I get SF for free, they credited back the cost of my HR21 without me even asking (at the time I had only made 2 of the 3 monthly payments on it). Long story short, I am very happy with D* and I will gladly pay for ST and SF this year without calling. BTW, my bill averages over $200 every month.

· Godfather
467 Posts
So your saying being around here for 7 months and talking to CSR's ( keep in mind I might not post but I see the discussions ) that this is what they are doing.

This is what you wrote:

That seems to me that you have some sort of proof that is what is happening. I don't need to prove anything because I did not make a statement like that. Me, I call it a crap shoot. But see, your saying this is what is happening. Show me, back up your statement.

I've talked to Direct TV once in three years, the rest of my stuff I do online. So if your have some sort of proof that I "assailed" a CSR, please show that also.

Congrats on 3600 posts in seven months. WOW..

· Registered
7,910 Posts
vollmey said:
So your saying being around here for 7 months and talking to CSR's ( keep in mind I might not post but I see the discussions ) that this is what they are doing.

This is what you wrote:

That seems to me that you have some sort of proof that is what is happening. I don't need to prove anything because I did not make a statement like that. Me, I call it a crap shoot. But see, your saying this is what is happening. Show me, back up your statement.

I've talked to Direct TV once in three years, the rest of my stuff I do online. So if your have some sort of proof that I "assailed" a CSR, please show that also.

Congrats on 3600 posts in seven months. WOW..
Nice attitude. I see exactly what's trolling ... errr, going on. Good luck, vollmey! :)

· Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
vollmey said:
Me, I call it a crap shoot. But see, your saying this is what is happening. Show me, back up your statement.
I believe that a system of assigning credits based upon payment history and service tier is much more likely than a complete random "crap shoot." But I can also see some leeway allowed individual CSRs, so there is an element of "luck" or randomness involved.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.