DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
AllStar
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just called Dish and ordered from them. I can go to the bar and watch football on Sundays.

Before calling E* I called D*, and they had no record of my original HR20 order, my subsequent waitlist request, or the special price I was eventually quoted. My daughter will miss baby first tv-

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
I called today to check on the status of my spot on the waitlist and was told there was no way to tell how long the wait would be. I was told maybe 4 weeks, maybe 8, they aren't sure. The only thing she told me was to "check some of the message boards out there, they know more than retention on the status of things."

I thought that was pretty telling. I may call Monday and ask for a credit or a unit and see where it gets me. Has worked for others.

·
AllStar
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
adawg, my local BB had one in stock, and D* credited my account for the purchase price. You should be able to get the same deal.

Now I'm waiting for the install call. Ironwood should be calling me on Monday to set it up. We're super excited and will be using our D*tivo as backup while they work the bugs out of the HR20.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Glad you got a deal worked out. For what it's worth, there are those of us out there who are pretty happy with our HR20's. We've yet to have any dropped, failed or missed recordings, no BSODs, no lockups or anything like that, recording both MPEG4 HD locals, MPEG2 SD locals and nationals, and MPEG2 HD nationals. We have had some isolated trick-play issues but that's the extent of our problems. So good luck and I hope things work out as well for you.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
721 Posts
travelswiss said:
Ironwood called and the soonest they can install is December 2nd. Does this sound like a very long wait time to anyone else?
I guess it depends on where you are - my wait time is/was about a month. Nov 18 is the date.

Now - did you get the credit for the full price of the HR20 ($299)? What sort of "proof" did they ask for that you actually bought it? Are you a new customer or returning?

·
AllStar
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm in Seattle. I current A list customer upgrading, and I was given full credit for the purchase price. I guess they'll get the proof when they turn up my HR20- serial number. My contract was renewed for 2 years...

Also, I called D* back and politely complained about the month-out install date. Ironwood is now coming out this Wednesday afternoon. I hope they don't reschedule...

·
12,182 Posts
Yeah, that's an awfully long time. If you've already gotten the HR20 and have a Phase III dish, you should still be able to get the national HD channels off the 110 and 119 satellites while you wait for the AT-9 5-LNB dish installation.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
721 Posts
travelswiss said:
I'm in Seattle. I current A list customer upgrading, and I was given full credit for the purchase price. I guess they'll get the proof when they turn up my HR20- serial number. My contract was renewed for 2 years...

Also, I called D* back and politely complained about the month-out install date. Ironwood is now coming out this Wednesday afternoon. I hope they don't reschedule...
Goog going! I tried three times but couldn't get a new date. And that makes sense about the box - they need the SN and Access Card # to activate it. Let us know if the credit does or doesn't show - i was promised a rebate (not for the whole price tho) but there doesn't seem to be any record of that anywhere.

·
12,182 Posts
travelswiss said:
Well the install was to happen today between 1-5. It's now almost 6 and no word from the installer. I guess it was too good to be true.
Well hell, just plug it in and turn it on, then call D* to activate it. Like I said before, if you've got a triple-LNB dish you can get the national HD channels off 110 and 119 while you wait for the AT-9 dish install.

·
AllStar
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Installer showed up two hours late for today's appointment. He took one look at my brick house and said he can't install the Slimline. He called his manager and his manager verfied, no Slimline Dish on a brick house.

·
12,182 Posts
travelswiss said:
Installer showed up two hours late for today's appointment. He took one look at my brick house and said he can't install the Slimline. He called his manager and his manager verfied, no Slimline Dish on a brick house.
Oh, BS. My old dual-LNB dish was mounted to brick and my AT-9 is mounted to the same wall (moved down about 25 feet in order to get away from a rapidly-growing ornamental tree).

What they MEANT to say is, "We didn't bring masonry bits to drill through the mortar for the anchors or tapcon screws to mount directly to the brick."

Alternately, they could've mounted the dish to your roof, to a pole set a foot or two away from the house, etc.

Call D* and complain - they were just lazy.

·
AllStar
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After my 7th transfer I ended up with retention. Those reps are good and quick to understand a situation. I told her I was done with Ironwood- they lied to me on Wednesday and were just plain lazy today. I suggest to the rep that I use the same person who installed by single LNB dish to the side of my brick house and they give me install credit and credit for the dish. She agreed.

I called my original installer and told him the situation. He laughed, called Ironwood lazy, and said he'd be out Monday or Tuesday to fix me up...

·
Icon
763 Posts
Got a call from D* today.
I'm on the waiting list to replace a HR20 with no HDMI output (Component works fine though)
They said they would call back in 2 to 3 weeks, doesn't sound like they will be here anytime soon!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.