DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Godfather/Supporter
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have the Hopper up and running, and have an EHD attached..... Do you have any movies on the EHD that you either recorded during a free preview or no longer subscribe to the Movie provider? Such as, do you have Starz movie and you no longer subscribe to Starz ...

My question, will the Hopper allow you to watch that movie? The other forum has a person who can not, but no one else has answered that they tried or not and I see no other mention of it. Trying to figure out if this is some new restriction (better not be) or just a glitch with the poster.

·
Godfather/Supporter
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
fredpb said:
I don't think it is deliberate. But it is no glitch.

Symptom is consistant and repeatable. No glitch. Bug.
I think you are missing the point. I know of and see posts of people who can get recorded programming, that was on their 612 or 722, do not now subscribe, and can watch the recordings with their Hopper. That makes it harder to find the problem and fix it. Maybe Dish knows the common thread of why some can watch and not others, maybe they don't yet.

·
Godfather/Supporter
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
It's a bug as I see it, or else everyone would have the problem and they don't. It's why I started the first thread on this, and I can tell you not everyone is experiencing it or, they may be having it as a hit and miss issue, meaning some currently not subscribed channels or not in freeview shows can be watched, some can not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.