DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Godfather
264 Posts
So, I had several movies recorded on my 922 that I moved to my EHD before making the jump to the Hopper.
Now that Summer has rolled into view, I've had a bit of time to try and watch some of them. Most play from the EHD without a hitch. One or two will go from start to finish in seconds (black screen, then "Playback Finished").
The ones that bother me the most though are the ones that give an error screen saying the program is "Not available for viewing in your region".
WTF? My "region" hasn't changed. My programming package hasn't changed (AEP). Just my receivers have changed. All these movies were recorded from a premium channel (HBOI, STARZ, SHO, etc.).

· Godfather
264 Posts
My subs have not changed. The problems i'm having are for shows recorded off a channel I'm still subscribed to.
and on a lighter note, will my recordings of Mad Men and Breaking Bad stop being viewable when Dish dumps AMC next month?

· Godfather
264 Posts
Stewart Vernon said:
I merged with this thread because it sounds like a symptom of the same problem... there appears to be something going on with DRM (based on the discussions here)... so while it is mostly showing up with people who recorded something and have since dropped the channel... it would appear that doesn't have to be the full criteria to break playback on some recordings.

At this point it still appears to be unintentional, though, as opposed to intended restrictions.
No problem with the merge Stewart, just wanted to make sure that point didn't get lost in the discussion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.