DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Icon
649 Posts
Curious about this issue. Debating whether to keep may account and 750 gb HD and move to Hopper/Joey; or just forget about previous recordings and have my wife sign up as a new customer and start over. The only reason to keep all the recorded stuff is at least half is HBO I no longer subscribe to. May be worth just keeping my 722/211 if this issue is really an issue.

·
Icon
649 Posts
Seems like a bug, since it was never a problem on the "old" system, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a new "feature" to promote staying subscribed to stuff. I'm sure the 3rd parties (MGM, Epix....) don't like seeing people subscribe for 3 months, record "all" their content, then drop it. I'm really surprised they haven't switched the old equipment/software to do this.... but I don't think they'd have many subs if they did that.

Has anyone (without an old HD) recorded a show from a free preview (recently on Hopper), then not been able to view it after the preview ended? If archived shows are no good if you drop the channel they were recorded from, I'm sticking with my 722.

·
Icon
649 Posts
Is this a problem with programs recorded to internal drive? I have 3 free months of all movie channels and don't want to go mad recording a bunch, if they're just going to be void after I drop them all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.