DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Legend
285 Posts
Is this unique to certain premium content only? I transferred all of my recordings to EHD prior to the upgrade and have experimented a bit. So far everything can be played back including a couple of movies recorded when I had Starz free for a year and another from EPIX during the free preview. I do not have any content stored from HBO or Showtime.

I do get the intermittent reported error that it cannot play a recording back from time to time on the EHD content but I just go back and retry the same recording and it starts without error.

JD

·
Legend
285 Posts
phrelin said:
Unless this problem is fixed, the Hopper or any new box with the same restriction is forever not an option for me.

I have over 800 hours of recorded movies and unwatched TV show episodes from the premium channels and, with the sole exception of HBO, I simply don't subscribe to all of them 12 months a year.
800 hours of unwatched content? Why? Do you back this up on redundant drives in case of a drive failure? Why not archive content you want to store semi-permanently or permanently in a format that is not just specific to your sat provider and can be played back through any media player? If you do change providers or Dish decides not to make EHD recorded content compatible with a system you are out and the content is gone anyway?

Have I been missing something WRT EHD and long term archiving of DVR content? Is this a right covered under fair use that Dish must protect for their subscribers?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.