DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

2 Posts
Same issue here: My kids recorded a ton of I Love Lucy episodes during the "Heartland" preview. A week later when it ended none of the episodes were viewable due to the "you're not subscribed to this channel" error.

I called and spoke with a csr and he was clueless. He gave me a free 6 months of Heartland (so the episodes are now viewable). He assured me that he would escalate it and that an engineer would contact me to resolve it. That never happened.

My suspicion is that when my Heartland free period ends then everything I've got recorded will then get locked again.

Not happy if this is a new shift for Dish to handle drm.

2 Posts
dchay said:
Same issue here: My kids recorded a ton of I Love Lucy episodes during the "Heartland" preview. A week later when it ended none of the episodes were viewable due to the "you're not subscribed to this channel" error.
The issue changed a bit for me. I have not had any further issues when watching something previously recorded on a channel I no longer have. However, I believe the issue still remains in two areas:
  1. If you have timer set and later cancel the channel it will continue to try to record those episodes but you will only get a black screen. This seems to be an error in that it allows unsubscribed timers to still operate and only capture a black screen.
  2. I experienced a problem transferring recordings from one Hopper (being replaced) to an external drive and back to a new Hopper. I had recordings from Cinemax (no longer subscribed) that made it fine. However, my transfers from Heartland channels came up as errors.

After some arm twisting I got the CSR to give me a free subscription for a month to Heartland so that my kids could watch their episodes. Otherwise, he had no idea what I was talking about.

So long story short, the issue still seems to be present in certain situations good luck talking with the front end CSR's about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.