DBSTalk Forum banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,633 Posts
Any new word on this? I just got my Hopper and Joey last week and when I hooked up an EHD that I had a lot of movies recorded on from my 622, and tried to watch some, I got a message that I was not subscribed, and then it tried to subscribe me! I didn't try every one, but I did find one movie from a Cinemax free preview that would play.

·
Godfather
470 Posts
Got S216/S268 on the 3 Hoppers, 2 Joeys tonight. Recordings that were previously unable to play due to being "not subscribed" are now restored and work fine!

·
2 Posts
Same issue here: My kids recorded a ton of I Love Lucy episodes during the "Heartland" preview. A week later when it ended none of the episodes were viewable due to the "you're not subscribed to this channel" error.

I called and spoke with a csr and he was clueless. He gave me a free 6 months of Heartland (so the episodes are now viewable). He assured me that he would escalate it and that an engineer would contact me to resolve it. That never happened.

My suspicion is that when my Heartland free period ends then everything I've got recorded will then get locked again.

Not happy if this is a new shift for Dish to handle drm.

·
Hall Of Fame
15,554 Posts
I am considering replacing my nearly dead 722 with a Hopper. But if this problem still exists it would be a deal breaker.

What's been reported here is mixed. Does anyone know what the status is?

·
2 Posts
dchay said:
Same issue here: My kids recorded a ton of I Love Lucy episodes during the "Heartland" preview. A week later when it ended none of the episodes were viewable due to the "you're not subscribed to this channel" error.
The issue changed a bit for me. I have not had any further issues when watching something previously recorded on a channel I no longer have. However, I believe the issue still remains in two areas:
  1. If you have timer set and later cancel the channel it will continue to try to record those episodes but you will only get a black screen. This seems to be an error in that it allows unsubscribed timers to still operate and only capture a black screen.
  2. I experienced a problem transferring recordings from one Hopper (being replaced) to an external drive and back to a new Hopper. I had recordings from Cinemax (no longer subscribed) that made it fine. However, my transfers from Heartland channels came up as errors.

After some arm twisting I got the CSR to give me a free subscription for a month to Heartland so that my kids could watch their episodes. Otherwise, he had no idea what I was talking about.

So long story short, the issue still seems to be present in certain situations good luck talking with the front end CSR's about it.

·
Legend
179 Posts
I watched a movie on my new Hopper last night that had been recorded during one of the free HBO weekends. I saved it to one of my EHD's when I still had my 922 and it played just fine.

I can't say for sure that all the other 300 or so movies I have recorded will play but I'll know soon enough. Most were recorded from channels I don't subscribe to.

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
This very thing just happened to me...tried to watch a recording off ehd on Joey and said I had to be subscribed. So, I then transferred it from ehd to hopper, hoping it would let me watch it from Joey and still same msg. Odd thing is, it let me watch it off Hopper(before I transferred). ????

·
Godfather
427 Posts
Kerry71;3183665 said:
This very thing just happened to me...tried to watch a recording off ehd on Joey and said I had to be subscribed. So, I then transferred it from ehd to hopper, hoping it would let me watch it from Joey and still same msg. Odd thing is, it let me watch it off Hopper(before I transferred). ????
Do you no longer subscribe to the channel that event was recorded from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unless this problem is fixed, the Hopper or any new box with the same restriction is forever not an option for me.

I have over 800 hours of recorded movies and unwatched TV show episodes from the premium channels and, with the sole exception of HBO, I simply don't subscribe to all of them 12 months a year.

If the DIRT folks are reading this thread, please pass on to management that should Dish ever make that content inaccessible while I'm a Dish subscriber, I will have to reevaluate my decades long commitment to Dish/Echostar.

If the Hopper must be this way for licensing reasons, fine. But it is the Dish policy to not allow even a lowly 612 in a home with a Hopper that will have eliminated access to content customers have paid for, not the Hopper EHD feature design.
Thanks! That's what I was looking for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have the Hopper with sling 3 joeys + 2 EHD's and didn't have this problem until the upgrade last month... since then, we get attention errors, on recordings for channels we still pay for, for channels we previously had... Also everything has slowed down, the system is glitchier far more than normal, (ghosting, freezing, no sound) and we have the joy of the option-less 1:00 AM shutdown. This is their UPGRADE! .

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had our service cut yesterday cuz they couldn't wait to get paid on top of a receiver that was replaced needing to be returned despite being past 2 year contract and them trying to charge $200 for it.
Anyways, we have a recording of Rick and Morty on Cartoon Network that was in our subscription package originally.
Every other recording on the DVR plays without issue even Outlander on HBO from the recent free weekend, however, Rick and Morty just gives a 371 code or whatever stating "you aren't subscribed".
I think this is ridiculous.

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.