DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Legend
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three receivers. One hddvr and two hd receivers. One of my hd receivers was out this morning with a searching for satellite error message. Fooled around with it all day and have determined its not the receiver. Short story is unhooked one of the two signal inputs on the hddvr and found that my other hd receiver began working again. As soon as I plug the cable back in On the hddvr it goes to searching for signal. Any idea what might be wrong. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

·
Super Moderator
12,881 Posts
Need to know if you have a conventional or SWiM dish/LNB/system. SWiM will have a single coax from the dish with a power inserter installed somewhere between the dish and the receiver. Conventional will have multiple coax from the dish, one to each receiver or two to a DVR.

If you have conventional, and are using a splitter anyplace, that doesn't work and will give the symptoms you are seeing.

·
Legend
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. I do not have a swim switch. Went out and checked and there are four lines running into the house from the dish which is on the roof. Can't find the splitter. Can one have four lines from one dish without a splitter? I recently added two hd receivers 4 months ago.

·
Legend
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh. The problem is gone. I switched one of the two lines from the hddvr with the one line going into the hd receiver, and now it is working again.

Could a bit of snow/ice on the dish have caused these symptoms? Perhaps I do have a splitter somewhere and the snow/ice dampened the reception just enough to cause signal loss.

·
Super Moderator
12,881 Posts
skylab said:
Oh. The problem is gone. I switched one of the two lines from the hddvr with the one line going into the hd receiver, and now it is working again.
Likely an intermittent connector problem, corrected just by disconnecting/reconnecting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.