DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a R-15 dvr for about 6 months. About a month and a half ago. I noticed that programs I tape lock up the system or drop out. And I have to hit the reset button to fix. I called a tech and said I should have the software fix. But, says I need to do a complete reboot to fix the problem. I held off since we have a bunch of shows taped that are fine that we wanted to watch. But, its getting worse. I always assumed if you hit the reset button it would wipe the drive and reboot. But, all it does is reboot. How do you reboot the system from scratch (erasing all saved programs)?? Also, is anyone else having this problem with the R-15?

·
Super Moderator
12,887 Posts
This should really be in the R15 specific forum (maybe a mod can move it).

Pressing the red button, or selecting a reset receiver from the menu, will correct some problems, and does not erase existing recordings.

Selecting "reset everything" from the menu will fix virtually all problems, but it does also erase anything you have recorded, undoes any of your settings, and sets the box pretty much back to an out of box condition.

Carl

·
Legend
182 Posts
I concur...look in the R15 forum...as for the problem with your recordings locking up your receiver...the reformat will provide the relief you need, but it may only be a temporary thing.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
You can try to force the software to be reloaded again and see if this solves your issue. You reboot when you see the first blue screen hit 0 2 4 6 8 on your remote and only those. It will install a fresh version of the software. You will keep all of your programs though. I would try this out before you Wipe everything. Oh and I moved the thread to the right area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.