DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought an ethernet adapter trendnet (tew-647ga) and after following the directions i received an error 22 and at some point received diagnostic code 71-73-967

any ideas would help

·
1*
10,289 Posts
A little more info on your setup would help.

Just in general, if you are setting up a wireless ethernet adapter to be connected to a receiver or a DECA, you will need to first set it up via a PC. That way you can set up the security and IP address info. Then when you connect it to the receiver you just perform the Automatic Network Setup.

- Merg

·
1*
10,289 Posts
Did you set up the adapter via a PC/laptop first before hooking it up to your receiver?

If you didn't that is probably going to be your main issue.

- Merg

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i went thru the pc setup again and instead of choosing dynamic ip address config i did it thru static ip address config and it said i was connected but i'd have to wait 24 hours to be able to use the on demand so i should now by tommorro if it works

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i spoke to soon because i had the setting on static ip address config and it messed up my main internet connection so did the pc setup yet again and choose dynamic ip address config and it seems to be working and not messing up my other connection.

i think the main difference is the 1st time i did the pc setting i plugged in the adapter to the wall and pc did the setup and unplugged the adapter from the wall and pc and plugged it back in the wall and receiver

what i did this time was plugged in the adapter right where the receiver is plugged the ethernet in pc did the setup and unplugged the ethernet from pc to the receiver without having to unplug the adapter from the wall

sounds worse than it is

·
1*
10,289 Posts
Falcons98 said:
i spoke to soon because i had the setting on static ip address config and it messed up my main internet connection so did the pc setup yet again and choose dynamic ip address config and it seems to be working and not messing up my other connection.

i think the main difference is the 1st time i did the pc setting i plugged in the adapter to the wall and pc did the setup and unplugged the adapter from the wall and pc and plugged it back in the wall and receiver

what i did this time was plugged in the adapter right where the receiver is plugged the ethernet in pc did the setup and unplugged the ethernet from pc to the receiver without having to unplug the adapter from the wall

sounds worse than it is
That could have been the issue, but usually that won't reset all the settings when you just unplug the adapter.

Glad to hear you got it working.

- Merg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.