DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trying to setup SLs for 4 shows airing tonight. All First Run. I have setup Survivor, CSI and My Name is Earl. But my R15 won't let me setup a SL for The Office saying it conflicts with Survivor. The resolution I'm presented with is to Cancel Request, Prioritize Over Survivor or Record Available.

My TDL is showing:
  • My Name is Earl at 7:00p - 7:36p
  • Survivor at 7:00p - 8:00p
  • South Park (won't record) at 7:30 (that SL is a lower priority, not to mention this isn't a FR and the SL for SP is set for FR only)
  • CSI at 8:00p - 9:00p
  • Good Eats at 9:00p - 9:30p
  • The Daily Show at 9:00p - 9:30p

That's it. As I see this one tuner can handle Survivor and CSI and the other tuner can handle MNIS and The Office. If I press SELECT and go through the menus to setup the SL I get the conflict message mentioned above and my only option is to cancel the Survivor recording. Even though South Park is flagged in the TDL as "won't record". If I press the REC button I get a (R) in the guide for a few seconds then it goes away and I'm presented with a conflict message saying a record one of The Office conflicts with Survivor and South Park.

If I go into the TDL and remove the South Park episode The Office SL is setup fine. So it appears that even through a TDL entry is flagged as "won't record" the conflict resolution logic sees that as a conflict but doesn't present you with an option to cancel SP. Since it's not going to be recorded.

This is under 10F4.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
I know that the Office is running from 7:36 to 8:06 (or somthing like that). You don't have anything else is recording at 8:00 besides the office and CSI?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
I think you'll have to delete the SL's for the office and south park, maybe even survivor and add them back in. I've had more issues with the office and my name is earl then I can remember. I think it's something with teh r15 and the guide data for nbc.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Office runs from 7:36 to 8:20. The problem was with the one episode of South Park that was flagged as "won't record". Even though the 15 wasn't planning on recording it, the conflict logic saw it as a conflict. But it also didn't see it as a conflict when listing my options for resolution. As soon as I deleted that "won't record" episode from the TDL all was well.

Seems there's definitely strange logic around the TDL. Problems like this and also the inability to edit a SL if there isn't a episode for the SL in the TDL.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
Wolffpack said:
Seems there's definitely strange logic around the TDL. Problems like this and also the inability to edit a SL if there isn't a episode for the SL in the TDL.
Very true. It also seems it's just certain programs and networks. It's weird that it's the same shows over and over again. Like how I've had 3 My name is Earl's or The Offices in the todo at the same time slot. Some conflicted with each other and others didn't and I couldn't deleted some of them. I think even if you left south park off the todo list that it might not record the office. I had that happen once too. I'd remove the office and add it back just to be safe.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll see how it works tonight. I just added these 4 SLs (Survivor, CSI, Earl & Office) today. So I don't know how deleting and readding would really help as they were just added. I've got all of these spread out on my DTivos so I'm covered in the event they get fubared.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cabanaboy1977 said:
Cool, just wanted to warn you. Did a reset do anything? I really think the R15 just doesn't like nbc :)
I don't like NBC either since they tanked Kidnapped.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
Wolffpack said:
I don't like NBC either since they tanked Kidnapped.
I didn't know that. Now I hate them even more. I really liked that show. Thanks for the heads ups I had been wondering what was going on.

·
Legend
126 Posts
NBC has a new episode of Kidnapped on NBC.com every Friday so at least we have to give them credit for that. CBS also has the unaired episodes of Smith if you were watching that.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
cawall said:
NBC has a new episode of Kidnapped on NBC.com every Friday so at least we have to give them credit for that. CBS also has the unaired episodes of Smith if you were watching that.
Yeah I just found that out this weekend. So now I missed two episodes and NBC.com doesn't have the old episodes once the new one goes up. I think I'm just going to wait till it comes to DVD (if it even does that).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.