DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start, I only watch three shows currently. Jericho, The Office, and Grey's Anatomy. I have each program set to a three minute recording buffer before the program airs. Last week, Jericho only recorded for the three minutes before the show began. This week, both The Office and Grey's did the same thing. As a sidenote, I don't have the newest software that was released yesterday, but the version that was realeased on October 19th or whatever.

I understand that with a new box that there's going to be issues or whatever, but with the HDTivo, I never had ONE single missed recording. What do you guys recommend I do? Any resets or whatever? Furthermore, should I complain to D*? They gave me the box for free, but if it doesn't work properly, should I still be entitled ot some sort of credit.

Keep in mind that I have no problem paying for my service or whatever, I'm just royally pissed that the THREE shows that I watch aren't recording properly. Grr.

·
Mentor
38 Posts
10336417 said:
I have each program set to a three minute recording buffer before the program airs. Last week, Jericho only recorded for the three minutes before the show began.
I don't have the update yet either, so I don't know if it will fix the problem. I suggest first eliminating the 3 minute buffer before the show begins. I had several programs set to record last week and the only partial recordings I got were the ones with a 1 minute buffer before the show was scheduled to start. All that recorded was the 1 minute.

If it weren't for the missed recordings, the crappy quality of the Trick Play/Cruise Control, the fact that sometimes the audio and video are out of sync and the lack of a true 30 second skip, I'd love the HR20-700. I have faith though that at least the first 2 will soon work well in next few weeks via updates.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
Of course without the buffer you are going to miss the end of the show. My recordings have been getting cut off a minute or two early.

As far as The Office. I tried to record it in MPEG4 last night. Every time I tried to rewind it to watch on a time shift, the picture would freeze, and the recording would not play.

I just let it finish recording. I went to play it when I was up at 3 AM, and it was a no go. It would not play. I tried to forward through it, I tried to reboot my machine, it would just give me a frozen image.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.