DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Legend
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed the last few recordings I've made using my AM21 make my remote really slow to respond. It only happens on the OTA recordings that I watch but it can take up to 30-60 seconds sometimes before it will pick up my button press.

I've not had any problems on any other channels just the OTA ones. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
3 Posts
I've had this problem sometimes, and I believe it has to do with the strength of the OTA signal. If you have a really strong signal and a clean recording then everything works fine. However, it seems like if the signal is marginal and the decoder needs to do error correction (perhaps some occasional glitches in the picture, but probably some level of error correction that you don't even see) then things like pause and FF take a really long time. Obviously the satellite recordings are always clean, and that's what the software has mostly been written for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.