DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Icon
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
noticed that programs i had scheduled to record, didnt record, so i checked the history, and they were cancelled, did not cancel them on my own, i had problems with this another time with a prior software upgrade, and i thought it was fixed, but apparently not, anyone else having this problem with the new software upgrade from last friday night?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
shaun-ohio said:
noticed that programs i had scheduled to record, didnt record, so i checked the history, and they were cancelled, did not cancel them on my own, i had problems with this another time with a prior software upgrade, and i thought it was fixed, but apparently not, anyone else having this problem with the new software upgrade from last friday night?
There was not a tuner conflict?

·
Icon
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope no tuner conflict, had syriana set to record this morning at 5:50 am, and when i went to my playlist, i noticed that it was not there, so then i checked the history and it was cancelled, that was the only program i had scheduled at that time

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
shaun-ohio said:
nope no tuner conflict, had syriana set to record this morning at 5:50 am, and when i went to my playlist, i noticed that it was not there, so then i checked the history and it was cancelled, that was the only program i had scheduled at that time
This is actually a serious question: Did you sleep on the remote?

·
Legend
214 Posts
Well I did the update Friday night and haven't had much time to really play around with it. But I did notice when I came home late last night it was recording a program. Now whether it is watchable or not we'll see, but it did do the recording.

·
8 Posts
First bug for me and 10Boy. After two days without any issues at all, today when I turned the HR20 on there was a frozen image of Chevy Chase staring at me and the unit was locked tight. It had beened turned off the previous night. A reset brought it back to life.

Maybe it just didn't appreciate Chase's humor.

·
Legend
214 Posts
Well, got a chance to play a little with the new download. Started watching the Servivor Finale (recorded not live) and about a 1/4 of the way through the system stopped responding to the remote. So since I was recording OTA and Sat at the time of the reunion I waited until almost 10 after 11 before doing a reboot. I don't know how well or how much of the reunion got recorded yet. After the reboot the remote worked fine. It's weird that the unit stops responding to remote comands. Even on OxFA it would stop working sometimes. Usually I could pull up at least the guide, this time nothing.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Same thing here. I have had several lockups requiring reset since downloading the other night. Also, I have had several instances of the "delete recording" now off of both OTA and HD recordings. Tried resetting and formatting. What else can be done?

·
AllStar
70 Posts
10B is not a good release and I think it highly unlikely that they will roll it out nationally. Lockups galore with this release. Average Joe's will scream at D* if they release this. I hope we get another update soon or I'll have to revert back. The startup time on the box is too long to put up with constant RBRs. I would not trust a recording to this version. This one is totally "use at your own risk."

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
I have found that NOT connecting an ethernet cable to the HR20 will keep it from locking up.

If I have the enthernet cable connected during the startup sequence, the HR20 will freeze up right around 15 minutes after startup regardless of what it's doing. Live, Playback, menu doesn't matter. The screen will freeze and it will stop responding to the remote.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
This happen to me Saturday morning and Sunday morning after forcing the 0B software. Last night before I went to bed I tried an experiment and left the HR20 tuned into SD channel as the two other nights they were left on HD. When I woke up this morning the TV was fine. Tonight I will leave it on HD channel again and see what happens. Might be a buffer issue on HD channels???

gmilleok1 said:
First bug for me and 10Boy. After two days without any issues at all, today when I turned the HR20 on there was a frozen image of Chevy Chase staring at me and the unit was locked tight. It had beened turned off the previous night. A reset brought it back to life.

Maybe it just didn't appreciate Chase's humor.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
I also got the Santa present of 0x10b...have had to do a red button reboot
3 times (never had to do that in the previous 2 months), have had the
remote quit responding twice...and had one recording that I couldn't watch..
No HDMI, just RGB cables...

Very stable before the santa present, not so stable now, but definitely
not unstable enough to go back a version...at least i'm not to that point yet..

·
DBSTalk Club Member
33 Posts
I got the 10B update Friday and everything went relly well until I tried to use the ViiV capability to view some pictures on a networked PC. The menu system on the HR20 locked up and I had to reboot. Since then I have tired music but not pictures and everything is working.
The only issue is that the HR20 will not pull up my (somewhat) massive music library. I guess there are too many entries for the current version of software. It seems to work fine on playlists with ten or twehty songs in them.

·
Legend
212 Posts
Turned the TV on Sunday Morning and remote didn't respond. I'm on 108. Didn't see the "Present" offered. HR-20 is always on. Had to RBR. Haven't ever seen that before. Sooooooooo 10b may have already had a remote problem carried over from 108.

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
Unwatchable bug with Dexter season finale. Sunday night Showtime HD. x01b software version. Connected via HDMI to DVI adapter to HLN567W. Connected via optical audio to VSX-D814. No worries, d/l it already. Just reporting the issue. So happy to have the OTA that I can afford to miss a few shows here and there. Thanks all

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.