DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Genie receiver HR44-500 and a Genie Mini C31-700. I have two remotes, (RC72 & RC73) programmed to the receiver. I have a RC64RB remote programmed to the mini. I want to program another remote, (RC66RBX), to the mini. All are RF remotes. When I use the new remote, (RC66RBX), and go menu, settings & help, settings, remote control, the IR/RF setup is greyed out and can't be selected. It also is controlling the receiver and not the mini.
So, how do I get the RC66RBX to control the mini and switch it to RF control?
The reason I need multiple remotes is due to the way my house is wired. When I built my house, my coax from the dish on the roof, goes directly to my receiver, then the output coax goes into my basement where it goes through a junction box and to every room in my house. This way I only need one receiver and one mini, but can watch either feed in any room with a TV and an RF remote. I know the system works, I just can't get my new remote programmed.

Thanks

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
The HR44 uses a totally different RF frequency and is not compatible with the older remotes.

You can use the older remotes in IR mode.

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
ragweed10 said:
Which one (Model #) is the Older remote ?
I have a RC-66-RBX, that works my Genie HR-44-500
Will it work Mini's ?
I call any number less than the RC71 an older remote, even tho the RC66 is pretty new.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need it to work in RF mode and control the mini, (C31-700), not the receiver, (HR44-5000). My RC64RB remote works the way I want the RC66RBX to work. But like I stated in my first post, I can't get it to go into the RF mode because the IR/RF selection is greyed out in settings.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
ragweed10 said:
I have mine in RF Mode and it works HR-24-500's & HR-44-500
Does that mean it will also work Mini's ?
No, the RC66 does not work on the HR44 on RF, ONLY IR

And yes, as mentioned above, any RC6x remote will work any mini on IR. It will not work on RF on any C41/51/61 or HR44/54 or H44

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
jeswoboda said:
I have a Genie receiver HR44-500 and a Genie Mini C31-700. I have two remotes, (RC72 & RC73) programmed to the receiver. I have a RC64RB remote programmed to the mini. I want to program another remote, (RC66RBX), to the mini. All are RF remotes. When I use the new remote, (RC66RBX), and go menu, settings & help, settings, remote control, the IR/RF setup is greyed out and can't be selected. It also is controlling the receiver and not the mini.

Thanks
that is the key. The HR44 can accept IR and RF commands at the same time. What you need to do is somehow block the HR44 IR sensor with a book, tin foil, whatever you can think of so it does not get the commands from the RC66. The follow the on screen instructions on the C31 to program the remote

·
Registered
462 Posts
peds48 said:
RC-66-RBX

No, the RC66 does not work on the HR44 on RF, ONLY IR

And yes, as mentioned above, any RC6x remote will work any mini on IR. It will not work on RF on any C41/51/61 or HR44/54 or H44

Are you talking about the "Back Lite" Radio Frequency Model RC-66-RBX ?

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
ragweed10 said:
Are you talking about the "Back Lite" Radio Frequency Model RC-66-RBX ?
ANY RC6x remote would not work on RF with an HR44

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
jeswoboda said:
I completely wrapped the HR44 receiver with aluminum foil and the mini still did not recognize the signal from the new remote.
And that is expected since the C31 can only be in IR or RF not both. What you need to do is with one of your already programmed remotes to the C31 is bring up the menu, then set to IR then back to RF to get the 6 digit number needed to program the remote. With receivers you normally would use the last 6 digits of the receiver ID number but since clients don't have a RID, you need to get it from the menu

·
AllStar
101 Posts
Sorry to bring up an older thread but I have a similar question. I currently have 3 HR21 and 2 HR24's. DirecTV is doing an install next week to replace the 3 HR21 with a "Genie and 2 mini-Genies". Not sure what models those will be. The 3 HR21 that are being replaced are currently using remote modes as follows: one is RF with RC66RX, one is IR on setting #1 and one is IR on setting #2. Will I be able to use the same remotes with the same codes with the new units? My questions:
1) I assume I will need a new RF remote for the RF Genie machine? Is an RF capable remote included with the Genies or do I need to order that?
2) The two IR remotes have been replaced by programmable Universal brand remotes so I'm hoping I don't have to reprogram for the two IR Genie's? In other words, can the Genies be set to the old IR HR21 settings #1 and #2 so I don't have to reprogram? Those Universal remotes are a bear to reprogram....

Thanks very much, Howard

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
1). An RC73 RF remote should be included with the Genie and minis receivers/clients.

The minis can only be programmed to IR code 1. They have no alternates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.