DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there experienced programming inaccuracies in the Dish Guide menu? Maybe this is an old topic here. I've experienced this on Fox News and their Business Network for more than a year. Where the problem starts I don't know. Perhaps Fox is not reporting program changes or Dish isn't updating changes, I can only guess.

For example, the Saturday, Jan. 12 Republican Candidate forum on Huckabee's 8:00 pm show was two hours long. I didn't realize this as Dish's guide showed a one hour segment and as a result I lost one hour of a program that I very much wanted to see. Selecting "information" off the Dish remote didn't describe the show as a Republican Primary forum either. This has occurred numerous times when Fox advertised new programming and it never showed up in the Guide and wasn't corrected for two and three weeks at a time before someone noticed.

I've found that many channels are not on the same exact clock time and that causes ends of programs to be cut off. These two problems don't fall in the category of rocket science or astrophysics. If anyone can shine any light on the above, I'd sure the heck like to hear about it. :grin:

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
As far as I know guide information is provided by the stations to Tribune Media Services which feeds guide data to a number of cable and satellite folks and the

guide
on the internet. Sometimes stations drop the ball on updating their info, and sometimes I suppose Tribune Media systems glitch and sometimes I suppose Dish systems glitch. But it appears after using Dish and the Zap2It online guide for a number years, most frequently the problem appears to be the stations.

So initially I'd guess the Fox folks are dropping ball.

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you're right about the stations. They're dropping the ball and shooting themselves in the foot by frustrating their viewing audience. Why are the easy things the hardest to fix??? No need to answer that. It's going on alllll-over the place! I just got off the phone with my son who works for a large global company and he's tearing his hair out trying to save them money, but no one listens. Sigh . . .

Have a healthy and happy 2012.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.