DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my program guide data ended all of a sudden around 9pm. None of my SP will record. I did a manual call in to the DVR service from the setup menu. Still no data.

Is the data received via satillite? If so, how can I get it updated? After another succesful call this morning I still have no data. The scheduled call in is for Dec 7th, 11 days from now!

· Hall Of Fame
1,429 Posts
silly question but are you getting signal? If you are and a reboot doesnt cure it, I'd say you need to give dtv a call.

· Banned
4,642 Posts
Do you have shows setup to record in the middle of the night? From about 2:00am - 4:00am DTivos download the guide and showcase info unless you're using it watching live TV or recording.

· Banned
4,642 Posts
Check your history and see what it says about the DVR Service Download. Should be one or two every night. That may help diagnose the problem.

716 Posts
Wolffpack said:
Do you have shows setup to record in the middle of the night? From about 2:00am - 4:00am DTivos download the guide and showcase info unless you're using it watching live TV or recording.
Guide info trickles in 24/7 and is indexed every few hours. Unless they've moved it, the guide stream is on the same transponder as A&E. The showcase videos recorded in the middle of the night have no effect on guide info.

The good news : unlike the R-15, the guide data is stored on the hard drive and should still be there. A simple restart should fix everything.

· Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wolffpack said:
Check your history and see what it says about the DVR Service Download. Should be one or two every night. That may help diagnose the problem.
I'm doing a reboot now....I checked the history earlier today and the last time anything was downloaded according to the sys info screen was 11/26 and the end time was when it actually ended last night.

Successful reboot and the guide is now starting to populate. Thanks.

· Hall Of Fame
1,429 Posts
hey while we are on this topic, i looked at my info screen one wednesday and it said the last successful guide d/l was monday. Absent me setting recordings over night (pretty sure i didnt), is there any other reason it wouldn't have updated in 2 nights?

· Mentor
40 Posts
Here in the Philly market, WHYY (PBS) recently changed their OTA UHF frequency. It required a new OTA scan on the HR10-250. However, since the change there is no guide data for the digital OTA channels. The guide just says Regular Schedule.

Any ideas as to why there's no guide data?

· Icon
818 Posts
whsbuss said:
Here in the Philly market, WHYY (PBS) recently changed their OTA UHF frequency. It required a new OTA scan on the HR10-250. However, since the change there is no guide data for the digital OTA channels. The guide just says Regular Schedule.

Any ideas as to why there's no guide data?
I've called DirecTV and WHYY. They both say "Gee, I'll mention it to somebody to get it fixed".

· Hall Of Fame
3,919 Posts
Since the v6.3a upgrade, my HR10 only phones in every 10 days, instead of every 2 days like it used to. I guess they changed something. I usually have it make the call every few days, if I remember, just to keep it current with whatever is downloads. :confused:

GH

· Hall Of Fame
1,429 Posts
guide is from satellite so no need to call in sooner. It will clear PPV card when it calls in by itself

· Mentor
40 Posts
msmith said:
I've called DirecTV and WHYY. They both say "Gee, I'll mention it to somebody to get it fixed".
Today I decided to do a Clear OTA Channels in setup. Then I rescanned for OTA channels. It found, again, the new WHYY DT channels but never deleted the old ones.

Guide data is still unavailable (Regular Schedule shows) on the new channels. What's screwy is the old channels have the guide listings!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.