DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mentor
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HR-25, got it last year, so I assume it was a refurbish.

On Friday the box froze for the first time, so i did a red-button re-set, and everything came back on fine. Except here we are, 48 hours later and the Program Guide has not re-populated. The Broadcast networks are fine, they go out for a full 11 days, but most of the other channels are not even showing what's on right now.

Any ideas on what I can do?

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Contra said:
I have an HR-25, got it last year, so I assume it was a refurbish.

On Friday the box froze for the first time, so i did a red-button re-set, and everything came back on fine. Except here we are, 48 hours later and the Program Guide has not re-populated. The Broadcast networks are fine, they go out for a full 11 days, but most of the other channels are not even showing what's on right now.

Any ideas on what I can do?
No such animal.

To flush it, keyword CLEARMYBOX via Search.

With a proper Sat connection, it will then take up 48 HRs to repopulate the Guide.

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
Contra said:
48 hours feels like a long time to re-populate the Guide. I guess things have changed over the years....
Yes they have. With the HD Guide and all the Graphics that were added with the HD Guide there is a lot more than just the program name to rebuild.

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
Contra said:
So is doing the search for CLEARMYBOX the same thing as a red-button reset?
The search clears all data and graphics and reloads it for a clean install.
It does not change your settings or delete any recordings.
It takes about a minute longer than a RBR.

·
Registered
36,648 Posts
jimmie57 said:
The search clears all data and graphics and reloads it for a clean install.
It does not change your settings or delete any recordings.
It takes about a minute longer than a RBR.
I'm still kinda leery about the RBR. I did one on my 44 and I had problems. I'll never do that again.

Rich

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
Rich said:
I'm still kinda leery about the RBR. I did one on my 44 and I had problems. I'll never do that again.

Rich
Yep, I always do it thru the Menu. Of course if it is Frozen then you don't have a choice.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
If you have an HR2x HD DVR, this is a known issue. You need to repeat satellite set up and select 5 LNB. Once you get to live TV repeat the same process again this time sexting 3 LNB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jimmie57

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Contra said:
So is doing the search for CLEARMYBOX the same thing as a red-button reset?
No, it is NOT. The RBR jerks the HDD to a stop everytime you do it. The command does not put stress on the HDD.

Reactions: Rich

·
Premium Member
25,283 Posts
Rich said:

Rich
If doing a single rbr causes an issue do a second one right away (which is similar to using the clearmybox keyword search) and it'll be fine. But there is no reason to worry about doing a rbr in general. If it does then it's something already bad happening and it's just become more evident after the rbr. In the instances I've seen that's when clearing guide data is needed anyway.

·
Premium Member
25,283 Posts
Drucifer said:
No, it is NOT. The RBR jerks the HDD to a stop everytime you do it. The command does not put stress on the HDD.
Rbr and menu reset is about the same on genies and has been for ages. They made some changes a few years ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.