DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

First a thank you to everyone who has been active in these forums answering questions and helping people like me out! I have gotten a lot of good information here!

So, my question ... I am trying to figure out how to reprogram my remote to control the volume on my receiver (which I have the optical cable routed to) without having to switch the switch at the top to select the AV1 component. I could do it on my TIVO unit, but I have been unable to figure out a way to do it with this remote. All it wants to do is control the volume on my TV, which I don't use anymore.

This would make for much quicker and easier control of my volume! Any ideas? Am I just missing something or is this the way it is going to be? :mad:

Thanks everyone!

·
Legend
131 Posts
On the HR20 Menu If you choose Setup => Remote => Program Remote => AV1 or AV2 => Stereo and then choose your receiver brand and follow instructions. #4 ist the instruction for locking volume control to your receiver.

Move Slide switch to AV1 or AV2, whichever your receiver is programed to. Hold Mute and Select keys until light flashes twice, enter 993 then press select. The remote should now control the receiver's volume from any slide switch position.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.