DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have failed to get 2 recordings of the Olympics so far, apparently because the actual start time was not the same as the scheduled start. Apparently if that happens, the DVR cancels the recording with the message (in the history) that the recording was canceled because "it was not available". Is this a known bug in the scheduler? Is anything being done about it?

·
1*
10,289 Posts
It's not that the start time has only changed. What happens is that TMS sends out new data to DirecTV with the time change and possibly updating other information. The way TMS sends the information it is seen as a new show rather than the same show with updated information. The HR21 sees the new guide information and thinks that the show you want recorded has been canceled and that a new show is taking its place.

You see this a lot with sporting events in the case where the original guide information lists the sporting event, but the teams playing are still to be decided. Once the guide information is updated, the sporting event is seen as a new show as opposed to an updated listing of the original show.

- Merg

·
AllStar
122 Posts
The same thing happen to me this afternoon. I had set my HR21-100 to record the Braves game this afternoon at 3:00 p.m CST on channel 649 on SportsSouth HD Channel. When I came home and to watch the game, it did not record. the HR21 had canceled the recording saying that the channel was no longer available (6). I was madder then a wet hen! :( This is not the first time that this had happen. Is this a software bug? Is there a fix?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.