DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering switching from basic cable to DISH, but I have some questions. I have two HDTV's that i believe I can support with the VIP622 HDDVR. I also have 4 other SD sets that can be set up as two slave pairs because of viewing patterns (kitchen TV, bedroom tv...etc). So.... can I get a 622 and two SD receivers? Also, for the receivers running a TV and a slave, can you get a RF remote that can operate the receiver in either room? Am I making any sense??

MB

·
Super Moderator
10,091 Posts
Hello, welcome to DBSTalk.

If your looking for 4 tuners, and you wish to distribute a couple, I would probably go with a ViP622 for you HD DVR and a DP322 or DVR625 for you 2 SD feeds. All the dual tuner boxes use UHF Pro on TV2, so yes that would be a RF remote. You can even buy extra remotes and share a common distributed feed.

Hope this answers your question.

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jason Nipp said:
Hello, welcome to DBSTalk.

If your looking for 4 tuners, and you wish to distribute a couple, I would probably go with a ViP622 for you HD DVR and a DP322 or DVR625 for you 2 SD feeds. All the dual tuner boxes use UHF Pro on TV2, so yes that would be a RF remote. You can even buy extra remotes and share a common distributed feed.

Hope this answers your question.
I just remembered that the output for TV2 on the 622 is not HD, so I will need a HD receiver (VIP211) for the second HDTV. That would put me at having a 622, 211 and a 311. That sounds like that would work. And there is no problem splitting the outputs from the DP311 between the 2 TV's? How do you order a setup like that? Ordering on-line does not give you the flexability to choose receivers (other than the 622).

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
Misbehaving said:
I am seriously considering switching from basic cable to DISH, but I have some questions. I have two HDTV's that i believe I can support with the VIP622 HDDVR. I also have 4 other SD sets that can be set up as two slave pairs because of viewing patterns (kitchen TV, bedroom tv...etc). So.... can I get a 622 and two SD receivers? Also, for the receivers running a TV and a slave, can you get a RF remote that can operate the receiver in either room? Am I making any sense??

MB
Contact [email protected] and they can get you set up w/2 622's and maybe all the rest that you want.

·
Super Moderator
10,091 Posts
Misbehaving said:
That sounds like that would work. And there is no problem splitting the outputs from the DP322 between the 4 TV's? How do you order a setup like that? Ordering on-line does not give you the flexibility to choose receivers (other than the 622).
Unless you went through a HT/dish retailer, you would likely have to do the extra TV's yourself. I believe they will run the TV2 output to 1 TV, if you want to split/distribute that to more than 1 TV, I believe you will end up doing that yourself. Not hard to do in any case. I have several distributed receivers in my home. It works good. I did have to add a distribution amp however, but those are cheap.

You could order directly from Dish, 1-800-333-3474, just tell the CSR what you are looking to do when ordering the system. If you really want all this work done for you, I'd find a Dish retailer in your area and they can do the rest, for a cost of course.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
The 622 won't do the job if you want 2 HDTVs. It only does 1HD and 1SD you will need a 211 for the second HDTV which leaves you with a 311/301 single tuner for your 4th leased tuner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.