DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed that a particularly annoying problem I was having before, the switch checks disrupted tv watching on all Joeys when the hopper is brought out of standby, appears to be fixed now. Hasn't happened in a long while. Thanks!

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,432 Posts
It is known fact - during switch test all functioning of any receiver/DVR is stopping.

It was just something what force your h2k to do that check out of standby. Better get the reason than relax with new version of FW, IMHO.

·
Godfather
1,034 Posts
P Smith said:
I mean, need to worry if the 'fix' is just mask the real problem.
I understand. In this case it was a check switch every day the first time out of standby after the nightly update. A DIRT member kindly told those of us on the Eastern Arc without 77, experiencing the problem that it was a known issue and a fix was in the works. Since that firmware update, it has not happened once. The OP should not worry about other issues if that was his circumstance. 77 was never necessary in many DMAs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.