DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a 2H/2J system installed on Monday. PTAT started working Tuesday night. I read that if I setup a timer for a program that is recorded via PTAT, the timer would be skipped and the program would be moved to the user partition after 8 days. All of my timers are setup with padding of 1 min early and 3 mins late.

I have noticed that I see a program icon with a recording symbol in both the My Recordings section and the PTAT section when a program is recording. Does this mean that it is using both the PTAT tuner and another tuner? If so, is this because of the padding?

Thanks!

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
n0qcu said:
Wrong, PTA recordings saved to you partition do NOT get any padding added to them. The only way to get padding is to unskip the timer and use an additional tuner.
That's a bummer. Since all of the video is there you would think it would be "easy" to include the padding. Looks like I'll be turning it off, since many of our shows run early/late and we don't usually watch within 8 days. It's shame they crippled it that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.