DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently bought a hopper and 2 joeys off ebay to install and replace my 722 leased DVR and have a few questions.. I am hoping someone on here can help me out.

First off I know I need to get a solo node, which I am planning on buying. Do I need any special Coax cables or can I use the standard ones you would find at Home Depot, etc?

I called up Dish to activate the boxes and the CSR without asking for information on the units automatically they said no we can't do that you have to use our Hopper/Joey from us direct. I have read on this forum that it can be done? So any input would be helpful there.

Also, I still have time to return the units. How do I make sure the units aren't someone's leased units that they sold on ebay??

Thanks in advance!

Before someone jumps down my throat about asking why I decided to buy equipment vs lease equipment it is because I didn't want to extend my contract as I could potentially move with work to a location that has bad satellite reception.

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,523 Posts
call dish, give them R-numbers and check if these available for activation on your account

don't call for activation before you'll check R-numbers and will setup your Solo node and cables

don't listen to BS, just ask for a super of retention dept or hangup and call again: they will deactivate all other boxes and set only h/j models for your account

RG-6 would work OK, just ask salesman to verify 3 GHz sweep on the reel's label or invoice
the 3 GHz freq is need to be checked for ONE cable from a Solo node to a hopper.

Here is condensed info: www.dishuser.org/hopper.php

263 Posts
mek_man said:
Hi,

I called up Dish to activate the boxes and the CSR without asking for information on the units automatically they said no we can't do that you have to use our Hopper/Joey from us direct. I have read on this forum that it can be done? So any input would be helpful there.
If you need assistance with activating the equipment please feel free to send me a PM with the receiver and smart card numbers. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.