DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought Dish offered something for snowbirds so they could put their account on vacation. I want to sign up for Dish but can not use it in the winter because our condos will not allow.
Can any one help me out with this. I don't want to purchase the equipment.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
DISH Pause will let you suspend your account for up to 6 months at a time. If you are currently in a commitment, it will extend it for # of months paused. Cost is $5/month, but you should verify with a CSR as I recall reading that it was $10/month for leased equipment. No idea if there is a price difference for sure.

If search here remains poor, you could try
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q="DISH+pause"+site:www.dbstalk.com&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=
and click on Cached Version, then Text only.

Previous years, it might not have been possible to Pause while in a commit, but I think it is allowed now. Do a Chat online if someone doesn't followup with a definite answer here.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,984 Posts
DishPause is not allowed when in commitment. CABill's pricing is correct however.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
If you have a balcony that faces the south on your condo and can get a line of sight for the sats you are allowed to have the service at your condo. HOA's do not supercede federal law.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.