DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Legend
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first I was going to install the new SWM ODU LNB on an AU9 slimline dish ... but when I plugged it into my Perfect 10 Acutrac 22 Pro signal meter I got an "over current" indication. Then I read the directions that came with the SWM ODU :D and found there's an special "ASL-1" splitter that's supposed to be used with the SWM ODU and legacy signal meters (of which the Acutrac seems to be) By the way, where can you buy the ASL-1's? Google didn't come up with anything...

So I decided to put the standard 5 LNB on the dish to get it aligned. I'm outside by the dish and the Acutrac 22 tells me everything is peachy with the 101 and 119 signal, but when I go inside and plug into an H21 receiver, I get:

Zero on all 101 transponders
95%-100% signals on 110
3 of the 119 transponders, 28, 30, 32 at approx 86%, every other transponder zero
103(a) signal failed

Tried the new H21-100 and an older known good H21-200 receiver with the same results.

Thinking maybe the 5 LNB was bad, I swapped in the SWM ODU (with power inserter installed) and repowered the receivers, same deal.

· Legend
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks to the PM reminding of mast plumb and level. I put my angle finder gauge on the mast and sure enough it was tilted back about 3 degrees. Since the mast was left over from a previous dish installation, I ASSumed it was ok. Once I compensated for that in the elevation, all is well. Receiving everything loud and clear! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.