DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,637 Posts
If your 501 has a noisey hard drive, Dish will RMA it. I know, I sent back 2 of them for that reason and the CSR told me that noisey drives is a reason for accepting a return.

Call Dish TODAY, don't delay. Also, don't let them charge you $14 shipping, tell them it's a defect from brand new and you refuse to pay shipping on a factory defect and they will waive the fee.

If the new one you get is noisey, call them up and return it ASAP. My second one I couldn't tell it was noisey until after it did the software download and I was up and running.

Dish apparently uses 2 different hard drive makes. One of them sounds like it rattles constantly. I put my Home Theater setup sound level meter on mine and it measured 60 db when it rattled! The other drive is whisper quiet. They should do away with the noisey ones and save themselves a ton of money.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,637 Posts
Jacob, the two replacements I got appeared to be brand new, I could not find any evidence of use on them at all, not a scratch or buff mark anywhere so I assumed they were brand new.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.