DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Mentor
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just signed up for this offer and the installer gave me a 508 model!! so they must have ran out of 501's or Dish is giving a bonus?? something to look into in your area...just thought I would pass this along...

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Thanks Hoosier! I will going for this offer next week Wednesday, that way it wont be on my moms credit card until next month. There is a shortage of 501s and 508 are being given out in their place. So yes everybody after coming close once before and talking about it for months I will be getting a 501, hopefully a 508, though :)

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Originally posted by Hoosier
I just signed up for this offer and the installer gave me a 508 model!! so they must have ran out of 501's or Dish is giving a bonus?? something to look into in your area...just thought I would pass this along...
How does one "look into this in their area?"

How can I find this information out? Better yet, could ANYONE provide some insight into whether or not I would receive a 508?

I live in the East Bay (CA) and called someone and they said they just order the units from Dish as requests come.

Matthew
[email protected]

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Originally posted by llunken777
So what is the diference between a 501 and a 508?
My understanding is (In a nutshell):

-----
40 GB HD = 30 Hrs recording
1 remote

-----
80GB HD = 60 Hrs recording
2 remotes

Anyone have the answer as to how to find out if I would get a 508 on the $199 upgrade plan? Maybe a better question: Has anyone RECENTLY recently NOT received a 508 when doing an "upgrade"?

Matthew

G

·
Matthew, I was be very shocked if you DON'T get the 508 PVR using the upgrade. I know of two others in your area that got the 508 instead of the 501, and one of them got it installed the first week of July.

G

·
They've extended this promotion once again through the end of October. Still nothing about the 508.

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Originally posted by styxfix
Matthew, I was be very shocked if you DON'T get the 508 PVR using the upgrade. I know of two others in your area that got the 508 instead of the 501, and one of them got it installed the first week of July.
Well, just got the 501 Upgrade yesterday. It WAS a 508!!! For those interested I am located in Contra Costa County, CA.

I was a little worried for a while as my father did the upgrade as well and received 501s (Santa Clara County, CA) on Aug 3rd!

Matthew Knapp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.