DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
No no phone line needed to get the upgrade,

Just make sure that your unit is powered off to get it.

Because they are rolling out the upgrade in small batches by serial number, it may be awhile before you get it.

Just hang in there.

Oh and by the way...

:wave: Welcome to the NEW DBStalk.COM :welcome:

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the welcome. after exchanging a series of frustrating emails with the worthless dish customer service people, i figured there must be a better place to get info. finding this forum is a godsend. great content and discussions.

chi

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Not to mention, that most of the time, we have significantly more information than anyone working for Dish does! Welcome aboard.

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, you do seem to have much better info. it was like pulling teeth to get any kind of specs on the 721 from e*. i finally received this last email when i asked the csr to confirm or deny a 120gb harddrive...

"Thank you for your reply. The original target was for 120 GB as per the specifications. Being that the model has not been released yet this is just a guess for now. "

this was after a mail from her stating the targeted release date of april-june. so i am thinking to myself, you are within a 30 day launch window and you are still guessing at the harddrive size? does not make sense.

chi

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Welcome Chi......:hi:

"Thank you for your reply. The original target was for 120 GB as per the specifications. Being that the model has not been released yet this is just a guess for now.

this was after a mail from her stating the targeted release date of april-june. so i am thinking to myself, you are within a 30 day launch window and you are still guessing at the harddrive size? does not make sense. "
LOL.....:lol: Let's hope they got that much figured out.

G

·
Just got my Dish installed yesterday with a 501 and 3/301's. So far, so good. How do I know what version of the software I have.

Thanks

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Congratulations on joining the dbs world, spartanrob. You know what version your software is by bringing up the system information page (sysinfo). I don't believe that the sysinfo button is on the 501 remote (it is on the older blue button remotes), so you can access this page by pressing the sysinfo button on the front panel of your 501, or by pressing MENU-6-3 (if I remember right) on your remote to navigate to it in the menus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.